Until now, commercial 5G network deployments have had to leverage existing 4G infrastructure yielding a 5G that provides somewhat faster speeds and more reliable connections but little else in the way of 5G’s original promise.
But in 2021 the major carriers will be launching the standalone (SA) version of 5G that doesn’t depend on earlier architectures.
The SA 5G version, which does not lean on LTE, allows an operator to address massive machine-to-machine communications, or ultrareliable low latency IoT. It also provides network slicing functionality.
Standalone 5G as a key enabler of advanced use cases like autonomous vehicles, smart manufacturing, remote surgery and the “internet of senses.”
If your organization has been putting off 5G training, now might be a good time to learn all you can. Here are five reasons why 5G training is a great investment:
- The market for 5G semiconductors alone will boom to nearly $19 billion by 2022 according to a Bank of America report.
- Improvements offered by 5G will give businesses access to lightning-fast data transfer speeds and improved network reliability.
- 5G meets the demand for an increasingly digital lifestyle, and focus on services that have high requirements for bandwidth, such as high definition (HD) videos, virtual reality (VR), and augmented reality (AR), digital industry and latency-sensitive services.
- When built-out, 5G will deliver a wide range of new services, applications, devices and enhanced mobile experience such as Enhanced Mobile Broadband (eMBB), Ultra-reliable and Low-latency Communications (uRLLC), and Massive Machine Type Communications (mMTC).
- If you value risk-adjusted returns, consider investments with proven business models that should do even better as 5G rolls out.
Want to learn more? Tonex offers nearly two dozen courses in 5G Training. Courses include:
5G Training for Non-Engineers (2 days)
5G Wi-Fi Offload Training (2 days)
mmW Technology Training (3 days)
5G Cybersecurity Bootcamp (4 days)
5G Technical Fundamentals (3 days)