Earned Value Management Training Bootcamp
Earned Value Management Training Bootcamp covers a comprehensive overview of EVM and how it is used and incorporated into the project.
What is EVM?
Most project managers have an overall idea of where they are in regards to their baseline schedule and budget. You often hear them saying “we are pretty close to schedule” or “we’re about half done”. However, most of the time, they are not precisely stand where they are supposed to be. Earned Value Management (EVM) provides you the tools and methods to know where you really stand. You can employ EVM to realize if you are currently ahead of schedule or behind schedule, and if you are below or over the budget. EVM also enables you to comprehend how you are trending so that you can better evaluate the length and cost remaining to complete the project.
Earned Value Management (EVM) is a technique applied to monitor the progress and status of a project and evaluate its prospective future performance.
In fact, EVM is a project management method for measuring project performance and progress. In a single integrated system, Earned Value Management can give exact evaluation of project performance issues, which is a critical input for good project performance. It is therefore considered a Performance Management technique.
EVM Essential Components:
- Planned Value
- Actual Cost
- Earned Value
How Can You Benefits from EVM?
- Avoiding scope deviance
- Improving communication and clarity with stakeholders
- Reducing risk
- Profitability evaluation
- Project forecast
- Efficient responsibility
- Performance tracking’
Earned Value Management Training Bootcamp is a 4-day course designed for:
- Senior and mid-level managers
- Team managers
- Project managers
- Project managers
- IT project managers
- Project coordinators
- Project analysts
- Project leaders
- Senior project managers
- Team leaders
- Product managers
- Program managers.
- All individuals at any level of an organization who are involved in reviewing key project documents, project evaluation, and project control
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics covered in this training (more details can be found HERE):
- EVM Overview
- Planning, Scheduling, and Budgeting
- Developing the Project Baseline
- Developing the Scope Baseline
- Establishing the Schedule & Budget Baselines
- Accounting Considerations
- Evaluating Risk in the Performance Measurement Baseline
- Evaluating Progress
- Comparing and Assessing
- Anticipating Future Performance Based on Past Performance
- Dealing with Baseline Changes
- Making Adjustments
- Evaluating and Management Reports
- Revisions & Data Maintenance
- TONEX EVM Hands-On Workshop Sample
Earned Value Management Training