Microgrid training is designed by TONEX and will help you to understand the concept of microgrids, microgrid control, protection against faults, microgrid forecasting and microgrid economic dispatch formulation.
By taking microgrid training course, you will also learn about the main components of a microgrid, operation, management, security, planning and hierarchical control levels in microgrids.
Due to the massive increase in demand for microgrids, utility companies as well as other related organizations such as universities or hospitals are favoring microgrid applications. Therefore, it seems there should be more training in microgrid area for future projects, where every personnel in different organizations with running microgrid be able to understand the concept of clean energy and microgrid operation.
Out instructors at TONEX are professionals in power system area from academia and industry who have been teaching and working on microgrid related topics for many years.
By taking microgrid training, you will learn about trends toward microgrid applications, main concept of microgrids, main components of a microgrid and operation of each component.
Moreover, learn about different control functions in microgrids, how to control the active power, operators of microgrids, economic operation of microgrids, application of multi-agent systems to microgrids, stability of microgrids and microgrid architecture.
One main feature of microgrid is application of renewable energy sources. We all know that each renewable energy source comes with uncertainty. This uncertain behavior can be mentioned as uncertain behavior of wind supply for a wind generation unit, or limitation of sun irradiance in a cloudy day. In this case, microgrid forecasting studies can be implemented to forecast the wind or solar generation and prepare the microgrid operation for future. This course will help you to understand the idea behind forecasting and different methods applied for wind/PV or load forecasting in microgrids.
Learn about intelligent controllers in microgrids, operation of multiple renewable energy sources together, droop control in microgrids, secondary and tertiary controllers and ancillary services in microgrids.
This course also includes hands on, workshops and simulation case studies of microgrid components and microgrid operation in order to give you a clear idea about operation of microgrids and prepare you to tackle the real-world problems in microgrid area.
Microgrid training is a 2-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the microgrid concept
- Power utility engineers working in microgrid and renewable energy industry
- Test engineers starting a career in renewable energies
- Power traders to develop microgrid based projects
- Independent system operator personnel working with microgrids
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career involved with advanced power electronic devices.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at microgrid based companies.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the microgrid course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in microgrid industry.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of electric power system industry.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the microgrid training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Microgrid Concept
- Microgrid Control
- Microgrid Forecasting
- Intelligent Controllers in Microgrids
- Microgrid Protection
- Multi-Microgrid Operation
- Microgrid Projects in Operation
- Benefits of Microgrid Operation
- Hands On, Workshops, and Group Activities
- Sample Workshops and Labs for Microgrid Training