Smart Grid Cybersecurity Training By TONEX
Smart Grid Cybersecurity training course will teach you the fundamentals of cybersecurity in smart grids, detailed information about modern power systems, recent technologies toward the smart grids, potential threats and vulnerabilities in smart grids and security assessment in smart grids in order to advance the knowledge of audience about the cybersecurity in smart grids. Upon the completion of the training, you will learn how to prevent the threats at the first hand. Moreover, you will be trained to identify the potential threats in smart grids, how to detect the threats in smart grid components such as SCADA systems, customer side, transmission and distribution levels.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you modern transmission and distribution system reliability and efficiency, how the generation plants can be faced with threats and necessity of secure electricity infrastructure. By taking this course, you will learn the digital information technology and control which will result in a high efficiency smart grid technology. Moreover, the cybersecurity problem will be formulated in smart grids and communication issues will be introduced. After introducing the threats, a proper action should be designed in response to a threat or recovery actions after a threat. This course will also help you to understand the concept of risk in smart grids, and effect of cascading failure in security, concept of actors, interactions between actors, security in communications and loss of integrity.
The Smart Grid Cybersecurity training course also will teach you the different levels of security assessment in smart grids such as prevention of vulnerabilities, identifying the potential threats before they cause risk, respond to each threat, recovery from threats if the preventing procedures did not help. Moreover, you will learn the concept of risk, risk assessment, and security architecture, and results of availability loss for each components.
Finally, the Smart Grid Cybersecurity training course will introduce concept of high level security in smart grid which includes the introduction to security requirements, access control, accountability of smart grids, security assessments, configuration managements, incident response, media protection, personnel security, risk management, SCADA security management, and electric vehicle security. By the end of the training, you will be able to fully understand the security concepts in smart grids.
Who Should Attend?
The Smart Grid Cybersecurity training is a 3-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the concept of security in smart grids.
- Power utility engineers working on smart grid technology
- Test engineers who need to learn the security issues in power grids
- Power traders to understand the smart grid security systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the smart grid security course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in smart grids and renewable energy industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on smart grid related projects
- Managers, accountants, and executives of smart grid industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in smart grid related projects or proposals.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the Smart Grid Cybersecurity training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Smart Grid Technology And Security Concepts
- Modernism In Electric Transmission And Distribution Systems
- Cybersecurity Context; Traditional Grid Security versus Smart Grid
- Reported Vulnerabilities of Smart Grids
- Smart Grid Architecture Model (SGAM)
- Information Assurance in Smart Grids
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure and Security Issues
- Demand Response Security Concerns
- Smart Grid Domain Security
- Risk Assessment in Smart Grids
- Security Architecture of Smart Grids
- Smart Grid Conformity Testing
- SCADA System Security
- Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) Security Issues
- Generic Security Issues
- Components of A Cyber Secured Smart Grid
- Cybersecurity Mode Level of a Smart Grid Domain
- Customer Energy Management
- High Level Cybersecurity Requirements
- Main Components A Cyber Secured Smart Grid
- Cyber Security Model Level Of A Smart Grid Domain
- Hands-On, Workshops and Group Activities
- Sample Workshops and Labs for Smart Grid Cybersecurity Training
Smart Grid Cybersecurity Training