Software Testing Training Classes: The purpose of software testing is to investigate and evaluate the quality of software. It ensures that the software is being developed by correct regulatory, technical, business, functional and user requirements.
Software testing is a significant and important part of the software development and software development life cycle. It can be of great use when it is done from start to enhance the efficiency of the products while keeping the user in mind.
Testing is beneficial because it increases the return on investment with higher percentages. Testing ensures higher standards in development and in delivered products, which leads to maintaining old customers and bringing in new ones.
Software testing typically isn’t as simple as “let’s see if it works.” It takes a sequence of steps that are carried out in order to validate the software. These steps or phases are what make up the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), a testing process that is executed in a systematic and planned manner to improve the quality of the product.
The first step is requirement analysis. This is where the quality assurance (QA) team understands the requirement in terms of what is being tested and ascertains the testable requirements. For conflicts, the team follows up with the various stakeholders like business analyst, system architecture, client, technical manager/lead, etc., to better understand the detail knowledge of the requirement.
The requirements can be either functional or non-functional like performance or security testing. Also, an automation feasibility of the project can be done in this stage.
The requirement analysis step of STLC is normally followed up by what many feel is the most important step: test planning. In this phase the test manager determines the effort and cost estimates for the entire project. The end product of the test planning phase is the test strategy and testing effort estimation documents. Once the test planning phase is completed the QA team launches into test cases development activity.
The test case development step follows where the testing team writes down the detailed test cases as well as prepares test data if any is required for testing.
The requirement traceability matrix (RTM) is also prepared. The RTM is an industry-accepted format for tracking requirements where each test case is mapped with the requirement. Using this RTM, testers can track backward & forward traceability.
The test environment setup can be started simultaneously with the test case development. This test is an independent activity and decides on the conditions on how the software is tested.
All this leads to the test execution and the testing team executing test cases based on prepared test planning and prepared test cases. If any test case fails, the defect is usually reported to the developer team via a bug tracking system. The bug can then be linked for a corresponding test case for further analysis.
Software Testing Training Classes
Tonex offers Software Testing Training, a 2-day course that covers a variety of topics in software testing, such as: basics of software testing, fundamentals of graph theory needed for software testing, software development life cycle, distributions and data analysis in software testing, software testing strategies and static testing.
Who Should Attend
–Software developers who look for understanding test algorithms to develop a better software
–Executives and managers of software testing area
–Information technology professionals, web engineers, security analysts, policy analysts
–IT professionals in the area of software testing
–Software testers looking to understand new approaches of testing
–Test analysts who are looking for technical training of software testing
–Project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts or IT directors looking for a comprehensive training in software testing
–Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in software development industry
Related courses include:
- Software Reliability Testing Training Crash Course: A 4-day course that covers proactive ways to use well-established systematic test planning and design techniques that generate value, not just busywork.
- Software Security Training: A 2-day course that introduces a variety of topics in software security such as secure programming techniques, trusted computing infrastructure, low level software attacks, web security, risk management techniques, symbolic execution and cloud/wireless/mobile device security.
- Introduction To Secure Software Engineering Training: A 2-day course that helps participants to understand a variety of software engineering topics such as software engineering process and metrics, real time, distributed, configurable and object-oriented software.
Why Choose Tonex?
· For over 30 years Tonex has worked with organizations in improving their understanding and capabilities in topics often with new development, design, optimization, regulations and compliances.
· Reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
· Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.