Specifications Writing Workshop for Engineers
Specifications Writing Workshop for Engineers is a 2-day hands-on training program focuses on the need for a better specification writing along with the ability to communicate the specification requirements and statements effectively to others.
For details of the 2-day specifications writing workshop, CLICK HERE.
- Learn techniques and strategies to write better specifications: clear, concise, active, command and direct wording
apply the learning skills to write specifications, standard operating procedures, operations and installation instructions, design guidelines, RFI, RFP, RFQ, IFB, Design Build and more.
- This course is designed for all engineering disciplines, project managers and anyone else need to write and communicate better.
- Discover the differences between functional, performance and design specifications
- Explore how to avoid ambiguity in your specifications.
- Write clear,complete, and consistent specifications.
- Write shorter sentences
Discover Writing Guidelines and Rules including:
- Writing style, grammar, simple sentence structure and correct punctuation
- Appropriate Sentence Length
- Choosing simple words
- Redundant or repeat yourself
- Edit ruthlessly
- Editing Sentences
- Eliminate fluff words
- Fixing Long Sentences
- Focusing on the Message
- How to Avoid Sentence
- Keep paragraphs short
- Qualifying words
- Use the active voice
- Using commands
- Using Concise Expressions
- Write short sentences
Learn about the Quality of Requirements:
- freedom from product/process mix