Length: 2 Days
Scrum is an agile way to manage a project, usually software development. Agile software development with Scrum is often perceived as a methodology; but rather than viewing Scrum as methodology, think of it as a framework for managing a process.
Our interactive two-day Scrum Overview Class is a great course for anybody who is new to Scrum or applying it within their organization.
Our course builds on a combination of interactive exercises, practical real-life examples, and lively discussion.
This 2-day event presents the attendee with an outstanding opportunity to become immersed in learning Agile principles and the Scrum framework. Your instructor will actively engage you, educate you, and most of all stimulate you to think about new ways of working. Come prepared to learn! Come with an open mind!
You will also get the chance to share your stories and build on your knowledge and gain further understanding on how you can improve the application of Scrum in your organization.
Following the completion of the course, all participants will be given the vouchers to take the CSM exam.
- Introductions to Agile and Scrum
- Agile principles
- What is Scrum?
- The Agile Paradigm Shift
- The Agile Foundation
- The Agile Manifesto and Principles
- Adapting Agile Process Development
- Building the Agile and Scrum Team
- Agile Adoption
- Role of the ScrumMaster
- The different levels of planning in Scrum
- Scrum roles, artifacts and meetings
- Enabling self-organizing Teams
- Estimation with Scrum
- Product Backlog Items and their purpose
- Backlog requirements
- How to organize and order the Product Backlog
- Sprint review
- Sprint order and length
- Release and spring planning for large teams
- Tracking project progress
- How to track progress
- Transitioning to Scrum
- Steps to deploy Scrum
- Coordinating Scrum teams