Soft Skills Training
It’s been estimated that 75% of long-term job success hinges on the mastery of soft skills.
Studies show that employees with soft skills training are 12% more productive than those without them. This translates into an amazing 256% ROI.
Research from the Society for Human Resource Management found that employers actually care more about soft skills than they do technical abilities like reading comprehension and mathematics.
The problem for companies is that soft skills are historically challenging to teach. Unlike hard skills that are learned, soft skills are similar to emotions or insights that allow people to “read” others. These are much harder to learn, at least in a traditional classroom. They are also much harder to measure and evaluate.
Major Soft skills
- Recognizing the message and its intention
- Selecting the proper tools of communication
- Deliver the message
- Seeking feedback and responding accordingly
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Critical observation
- Conflict resolution
- Comprehend their role in managing and resolving conflict
- Be informed of the possible sources of conflict in the work environment
- Know how to respond to conflict in positive ways that are useful to all
- Learn to handle conflict in cooperative ways
- Making decisions
- Showing commitment
- Time management
- Leadership skills and coaching
- Generating a positive and efficient ecosystem
- Supporting positive feedback
- Being a team player
- Accepting responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure
These are the same capabilities necessary to get a job, remain employed, and progress in the work environment, as well as assist others perform similarly.
Soft Skills Training by Tonex
Tonex offers a dozen courses in the soft skills category. These courses are designed to teach participants how to handle anxiety and pressure, which often comes from the expectations others have from you including your supervisors, colleagues, team-mates and even your employees.
The courses touch on various fields of leadership such as time management, project management, negotiation, conflict management and even managing difficult people.
Some of our popular soft skills courses include:
- Mistake Proofing Training/Poka Yoke — A 2-day course that introduces participants to the fundamentals, process, techniques, and devices necessary to eliminate mistakes, before they happen.
- How to Become a Powerful Presenter — A 2-day workshop that assists attendees in understanding methods, tactics, and tricks of influencing your audience during a presentation.
- Proposal Engineering Workshop (Hands On) — A 3-day course that gives participants a perspective of what an engineering proposal should look like, steps involved, what type of material you would need to include, and how you can write one.
- Effective Team Communication Workshop Training — A 2-day course designed to help solve the existing communication challenges among people of a team and avoid any potential miscommunication in the future.
There’s even The Black Hat Workshop, an unconventional, creative 2-day course that replicates a potential competitor of your business and helps you take all required steps and actions to determine the possible ways the competitor might beat your bids or proposals — and then learn how to neutralize those strategies to stay ahead of your competitors.
Soft Skills Training Categories:
- Business Communication
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Culture Change
- Customer Service
- Facilitation Skills
- Human Resources
- Leadership & Strategy
- Management & Supervision
- Negotiation Skills
- Personal Development
- Sales Training
- Six Sigma and Lean
- Stress Management
- Team Building
- Time Management
Why Choose Tonex?
For nearly 30 years Tonex has been a world leader in producing cutting-edge technology and advanced business courses that help individuals, organizations, agencies and companies stay current in their fields of specialization.
Our instructors are both experts in their subject areas and they also bring real world experience into the classroom.
Tonex is also flexible. We will be happy to work with you to create a course that is tailored to your special needs. Just ask us about it.
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.
Soft Skills Training