Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP)
Certified space security specialists have become key players in the new race in space.
This digital age race in space is all about making satellites, space missions and military operations more secure before there are alarming consequences due to cyber-attacks.
Satellites are particularly vulnerable, and in a way, face the same security issues associated with 5G technology. In fact you can look at satellites as very expensive Internet of Things (IoT) devices. Like earth-based IoT devices, satellites also suffer from a lack of security and high probability of being hacked and compromised.
Unfortunately, there are no mandated security standards before a satellite is launched, which leaves security issues squarely in the hands of satellite engineers during the design phase.
Satellites run on Linux and communicate over commonly hacked channels. Some satellite communication transmissions are not even encrypted, which opens portals for cyber-attacks and possible dire consequences.
Certified Space Security Specialist Professionals (CSSSP) are essential because, in truth, no one really knows how secure space will be in the coming years.
Of course, it didn’t start out that way. The landmark Outer Space Treaty was entered into Oct. 10, 1967.
With this treaty, scores of states, including all the spacefaring nations at the time, laid out the fundamental principles by which outer space was to be governed.
One section of the treaty stated:
The exploration and use of outer space, including the moon and other celestial bodies, shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all countries, irrespective of their degree of economic or scientific development, and shall be the province of all mankind.
The treaty’s drafters could be forgiven for not anticipating the technological and geopolitical changes that have come about in the intervening decades.
Now in the digital age, technology exists that can cause absolute mayhem to satellites, space missions and even military operations.
Space is the enabling domain for many capabilities, from hand-held devices to precision navigation. America’s economic well-being relies on space including banking transactions large and small. Utility companies also depend on space.
Space forms the basis for America’s military advantages, and U.S. military experts insist that the U.S. cannot allow those to decay or be overtaken – all documented in a Defense Intelligence Agency report titled Challenges to Security in Space.
Needless to say, challenges for the space security specialist are considerable. Accelerate your space cybersecurity career with a CSSSP certification.
Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP) certification is ideal for space and security practitioners, analysts, engineers, managers and executives interested in proving their knowledge across space security practices and principles.
Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP) Course by Tonex
Although some of these issues are no different from other industries, space systems are met with a unique confluence of cybersecurity risks that complicates the sector’s remediation capabilities.
Governments, critical infrastructure and economies rely on space-dependent services—for example, the Global Positioning System (GPS)—that are vulnerable to hostile cyber operations. However, few space-faring states and companies have paid sufficient attention to the cybersecurity of satellites in outer space, creating a number of risks.
Accelerate your space cybersecurity career with the CSSSP certification.
Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP) certification is ideal for space and security practitioners, analysts, engineers, managers and executives interested in proving their knowledge across space security best practices and principles.
The CSSSP® (Certified Space Systems Security Professional) qualification is one of the most respected certifications in the space security industry, demonstrating an advanced knowledge of space cybersecurity.
Earning the CSSSP proves you have what it takes to effectively design, implement and manage a cybersecurity space program. With a CSSSP, you validate your expertise and become a Space Cyber member, unlocking a broad array of exclusive resources, educational tools, seminars, conferences and networking opportunities.
CSSSP certification also explores factors that led to the space sector’s poor cybersecurity posture, various cyberattacks against space systems, and existing mitigation techniques employed by the sector.
Analyzing the current state of the industry along with security practices across similar sectors, several security principles for satellites and space assets are proposed to help reorient the sector toward designing, developing, building and managing cyber secure systems. These security principles address both technical and policy issues in order to address all space system stakeholders.
Prove your skills, advance your career, and gain the support of a community of cybersecurity leaders here to support you throughout your career.
The CSSSP qualification has been developed and maintained jointly by Tonex. Space Cyber Org, International Society of Space and Security Specialists (ISSSS), and Society of Space Security Professionals (SOSSP) are future membership organizations supporting CSSSP and other related certification.
CSSSP Domains (CBK) and Exam Topics:
- Space Cybersecurity Foundation
- Space Security Planning, Policy and Leadership
- Cybersecurity Threats in Space
- Space System Survivability and Cyber Warfare
- Cyber Warfare Capabilities in Space Missions
- Electronic and Cyber Warfare in Outer Space
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) Applied to Space Projects and Systems
- Space Threat and Vulnerability Analysis and Assessment
- Counter Communications System
- Counter-space Capabilities
- Types of Counter-space Technology
- Measures and effectiveness in Addressing Counter-space Capabilities.
- Cybersecurity Principles for Space Systems and System of Systems (SoS)
- Space Security Architecture and Operation
- Space Network and System Reverse Engineering
- Space Systems Engineering
- Space Embedded Systems Cybersecurity
- Space Software, Firmware and Hardware Security
- Principles of Software Designed Radio (SDR) and SDR Security applied to Space Projects
- MIL-STD-1553 and ARINC 429 Cybersecurity
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) Integration with Space Cybersecurity
- Blockchain Integration with Space Cybersecurity
- Sensor Fusion Integration with Space Cybersecurity
- Remote Sensing Security with Satellite
- Electronic Warfare Capabilities in Space
- Electronic Warfare and Aircraft Survivability
- Use of Electromagnetic Pulses or Directed Energy (laser beams or microwave-bombardments)
- Space Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (T&E)
- Space Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing and Defenses
- Space Intrusion Detection Analysis
- Space Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Space Defensible Security Architecture and Engineering
- Space Forensic Analysis
- Space Incident Response and Network Forensics
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.
Other related programs to Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP) Certification are:
- Space Cyber Infrastructure Specialist (SCIS)
- Space Cyber Engineering Specialist (SCES)
- Space Cyber Operations Specialist (SCOS)
- Space Cyber Technology Professional (SCTP)
- Space Cyber Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Space Cyber Infrastructure Expert (SCIE)
- Space Cyber Domain Expert (SCDE)
- Space Cyber Manager (SCM)
- Space Cyber Authority Expert (SCAE)
- Space Cyber Application Specialist (SCAS)
- Space Cyber Leadership Certificate (SCLC)
Certified Space Security Specialist Professional (CSSSP)