The Mini-MBA is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways of gaining business knowledge without the time commitment or the fees of an MBA graduate degree.
Focusing on similar topics in business management to an MBA, Mini-MBAs can cover the management knowledge and learning you need to boost your career in a flexible and more affordable way.
The Mini-MBA was introduced by the McGill University in Canada in 1949, designed to be a short intensive course compared to years of study. Consequently, it’s not difficult to understand the appeal of Mini-MBAs to busy professionals that need to juggle study with work and possibly family.
Experts in this area believe the Mini-MBA is geared toward three main types of participants:
- The prospective full-time MBA student, offering candidates the chance to sample the flavor of a business degree before fully committing. It gives candidates a far more comprehensive understanding of what an MBA involves
- The candidate looking to enhance knowledge in a specific area. While undertaking a full-time MBA gives you a comprehensive view of all areas of business, for those looking for more specialized focus, the Mini-MBA is ideal.
- The candidate looking to enhance their own business competency, while remaining in a specific role—a lawyer or an architect, for instance, looking to enhance their business understanding of the industry.
Of course, there are many other great reasons for business professionals to pursue a mini MBA. A mini MBA program also appeals to managers with no graduate or business school experience looking to enhance their skills, or individuals who want to learn valuable skills to improve their chances of receiving a promotion, pay raise, or new position.
Or then again, sometimes people who pursue a mini MBA do it simply because they have a genuine interest in the MBA topic.
Many feel a Mini-MBA is about learning the language of business, and understanding the systems thinking for business.
Mini-MBA Training by Tonex
Tonex’s Mini-MBA training programs offer professionals an opportunity to maintain their career trajectory with an efficient, focused injection of modern concepts, essential technology, leadership and strategy.
Participants will learn from real-world industry experts in a highly interactive environment. You will gain a solid foundation in business, technology, leadership and strategy while learning skills and terminology you can put to work right away. Practice with a business simulation through our innovative capstone projects.
All the Mini MBA programs are highly interactive via Zoom 4 times a month during spring 2021.
Participants can schedule weekly meetings with mentors and coaches to assist with questions related to the programs.
In addition, participants in the Mini-MBA will be invited to join Tonex educational and networking opportunities.
Our current Mini-MBA courses are in the following areas:
Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack or cheat the system.
A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain. Each block in the chain contains a number of transactions, and every time a new transaction occurs on the blockchain, a record of that transaction is added to every participant’s ledger.
Cybersecurity is the convergence of people, processes and technology that come together to protect organizations, individuals or networks from digital attacks.
Cybersecurity has become more important than ever and will continue to be a crucial modality of protection in the digital age. Cybersecurity encompasses everything that pertains to protecting our sensitive data, personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), personal information, intellectual property, data, and governmental and industry information systems from theft and damage attempted by cyber criminals.
Green energy is any energy type that is generated from natural resources, such as sunlight, wind or water. It often comes from renewable energy sources. The key with these energy resources is they don’t harm the environment through factors such as releasing greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
Renewable energy provides reliable power supplies and fuel diversification, which enhance energy security, lower risk of fuel spills, and reduce the need for imported fuels. Renewable energy also helps conserve the nation’s natural resources.
Business Management for Military and Veterans
Unquestionably, a career in the military is like no other. After years of dedicated service to country, the world as a civilian employee can feel foreign and impenetrable. Learning to successfully communicate and apply the experience acquired while in uniform is an imperative part of a successful career after leaving the armed forces.
Current employers of former servicemen and servicewomen who want to help position these unique hires for long-term success in their organizations also play an important role in identifying and cultivating their potential.
Our Mini-MBA in Business Management for Military and Veterans offers a unique opportunity – both for those with military experience, and those who wish to recruit and retain them. Together you can learn how to understand business management skills through the lens of armed forces experience.
Oil and Gas Transformation
Technology has rapidly shifted from being the legacy enabler to being a game changer. Oil and gas companies that respond to the ongoing industry volatility by investing in sustainable digital capabilities will be tomorrow’s winner.
Industries are embracing technology to reshape their operating landscape and reap the benefits of improved productivity, higher efficiency and increased cost savings. The oil and gas industry is not a stranger to this and is progressing toward digital maturity.
Telecommunication is the transmission of information by various types of technologies over wire, radio, optical or other electromagnetic systems.
The telecom industry is changing rapidly as it adapts to everything from standalone (SA) 5G and blockchain to new applications of AI and machine learning. And, on the horizon, there’s 6G, an inchoate creature taking on a new form of its own.
Who Should Attend?
- Experienced professionals
- Professionals looking to master the language of business, technology, leadership and finance.
- Business professional who want to gain a greater perspective on how organizations succeed.
- Non-business majors wanting to lean business fundamentals to work more effectively with senior management and leadership.
- Anyone else wanting to update or broaden their business knowledge and skills or transition into management roles..
What Will You Gain?
- Comprehensive learning of the key business and related technology concepts
- A framework for making optimized strategic business decisions
- Increased ability to think critically and act strategically
- Access to a wider network of professionals
- Strategic Leadership of People and Organizations
- Building a Values-Based Culture
- Formulating Competitive Strategy
- Reading and Understanding Financial Statements
- Strategic Financing Decisions
- Effective Teams and Organizations
- Learning about Economic Environment
- Data-Centered Decision-Making
- Marketing in the Digital Age
- Digital Engineering
- Operations and Logistics
- Strategic Analysis