Cloud, Container, and Kubernetes Security Evaluation Course by Tonex
The Cloud, Container, and Kubernetes Security Evaluation Course equips participants with the knowledge and skills to assess and enhance the security posture of cloud environments, containerized applications, and Kubernetes clusters. This course covers security best practices, threat modeling, vulnerability assessment, and risk mitigation strategies specific to cloud platforms, containerization technologies, and Kubernetes orchestration. Participants will gain practical insights into securing cloud infrastructure, container images, container runtimes, and Kubernetes deployments.
The course is suitable for cloud architects, DevOps engineers, containerization specialists, security professionals, and individuals responsible for cloud, container, and Kubernetes security within an organization. It is beneficial for professionals seeking to enhance their understanding of securing cloud infrastructure, containerized applications, and Kubernetes deployments. Prior knowledge of cloud computing, containers, and Kubernetes basics is recommended.
- Understand the security considerations and challenges in cloud computing, containerization, and Kubernetes orchestration.
- Implement security measures to secure cloud infrastructure, including identity and access management, network security, and data protection.
- Apply best practices to secure container images, container runtimes, and container orchestration platforms.
- Secure Kubernetes clusters by configuring access controls, network policies, and auditing mechanisms.
- Conduct threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing in cloud and container environments.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and implement security governance in cloud and container deployments.
- Develop incident response plans and monitor cloud and container environments for security incidents.
- Integrate security into DevOps practices and ensure secure CI/CD pipelines for cloud and containerized applications.
Introduction to Cloud, Container, and Kubernetes Security
- Overview of cloud computing models and security considerations
- Introduction to containerization technologies and container security challenges
- Understanding Kubernetes and its security features and controls
Securing Cloud Infrastructure
- Identity and access management (IAM) in cloud environments
- Secure network configurations and firewall rules
- Data encryption and storage security
- Cloud service provider (CSP) security features and tools
Container Security Best Practices
- Secure container image creation and management
- Container runtime security considerations
- Implementing secure container orchestration
- Securing Kubernetes cluster components and architecture
- Access control and RBAC in Kubernetes
- Network policies and secure communications in Kubernetes
- Auditing and monitoring Kubernetes deployments
Threat Modeling and Vulnerability Assessment in Cloud and Containers
- Identifying and assessing security risks in cloud environments
- Threat modeling for containerized applications
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration testing
Security Compliance and Governance in Cloud and Containers
- Regulatory compliance considerations for cloud and containers
- Implementing security controls and meeting industry standards
- Security auditing and log management in cloud and containers
Incident Response and Cloud/Container Security Monitoring
- Developing incident response plans for cloud and containers
- Monitoring cloud infrastructure and container environments
- Detection and response to security incidents in cloud and containers
Secure DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline Security
- Integrating security into DevOps processes for cloud and containers
- Secure CI/CD pipeline configurations and controls
- Automating security testing and vulnerability scanning