Fundamentals of Security Operations Training by Tonex
The Security Operations Course provides a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices involved in security operations and incident response. This course covers various aspects of security operations, including monitoring, detection, analysis, and response to security incidents. Students will gain practical skills in security tools, technologies, and methodologies to effectively manage and mitigate security threats. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge, hands-on exercises, and case studies, participants will develop the skills necessary to establish and maintain efficient security operations centers.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and concepts of security operations and incident response.
- Monitor and analyze security events and logs using appropriate tools and technologies.
- Detect, investigate, and respond to security incidents effectively.
- Analyze threat intelligence data and integrate
Introduction to Security Operations
- Overview of security operations principles and concepts
- Roles and responsibilities of security operations teams
- Legal and regulatory considerations in security operations
Security Monitoring and Event Management
- Log management and analysis techniques
- Security information and event management (SIEM) systems
- Real-time monitoring and threat detection
Incident Detection and Response
- Incident response lifecycle and best practices
- Incident triage, analysis, and investigation techniques
- Incident response tools and technologies
Threat Intelligence and Analysis
- Gathering and analyzing threat intelligence data
- Threat modeling and profiling techniques
- Integration of threat intelligence into security operations
Vulnerability Management and Patching
- Vulnerability assessment and scanning methodologies
- Patch management processes and practices
- Vulnerability prioritization and remediation strategies
Security Operations Center (SOC) Operations
- SOC design and setup considerations
- SOC workflows and processes
- Collaboration and communication within the SOC