Course Number: 909
Length: 4 Days
Continuing Education Credits: 26
ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Systems Engineering Training course is designed for ITS system engineers, project managers, system owners, operators, maintainers and anyone else in need of a comprehensive, approachable primer on the basics and advanced of systems engineering for ITS.
The Systems Engineering for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) training bootcamp provides an approachable introduction to systems engineering for ITS based on recommendations and guidance from United States Department of Transportation – Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
This course is intended to introduce attendees to systems engineering and provide a basic understanding of how it can be applied to planning, designing, and implementing intelligent transportation systems (ITS) projects.
The course leads the attendees step by step through the project life cycle and describes the systems engineering approach at each step using a real project. It focuses on how to begin implementing the systems engineering approach on ITS projects and incorporate it more broadly into your organization's business processes and practices.
Systems Engineering (SE) training for Intelligent Transportation Systems focusing on the following competencies:
- SE Planning and Management
- Collaborating with Technical Specialties
- Building Successful Teams
- Communicating with Impact
- Results Orientation·
- System Concept Definition
- Concepts of Operations (ConOps)
- Requirements Engineering
- System Architecture·
- System Design and Development
- Systems Integration
- Test and Evaluation
- Systems Implementation, O&M, and Transition
Introduction to Systems Engineering
- Why Use Systems Engineering?
- Value of Systems Engineering
- What is Systems Engineering?
- Key Systems Engineering Principles
- The V Systems Engineering Model
ITS Technical Processes
- Using the Regional ITS Architecture
- Feasibility Study/Concept Exploration
- Concept of Operations (ConOps)
- System Requirements
- System Design
- Software/Hardware Development and Testing
- Integration and Verification
- Initial Deployment
- System Validation
- Operations and Maintenance
ITS Project Management Processes
- Project Planning
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Risk Management
- Configuration Management
Applying Systems Engineering
- The Traditional Project Life Cycle and Systems Engineering
- Applying Systems Engineering in Your Project
- Applying Systems Engineering in Your Organization