Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes is a 2-day training program focusing on containers, container-based infrastructure
Gartner predicts that more than 75% of global organizations will be running containerized applications in production, and it’s no wonder, because containers revolutionize app development, from speed of delivery to scalability.
Containerization to allow development teams to move fast, deploy software efficiently, and operate at an unprecedented scale. Learn how containers can help your organization save resources and quickly get software to market, fix bugs and add new features. Learn about the ins and outs of Kubernetes, the open-source container-orchestration system from creating a cluster to monitoring a Docker implementation.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for engineers, managers, and employees with little or no container and Kubernetes experience. The course is also useful for those who have experience with container and Kubernetes but have never had any formal training on the topics.
What You Will Learn
- An overview of the Containers
- An overview of Kubernetes
- An overview of container orchestration
- How to deploy, manage and scale containerized applications
- How to deploy Kubernetes
- How to monitor Kubernetes deployments
- What are containers?
- Promise of containers
- Container-based infrastructure
Containers 101: What are containers?
- Containers as a logical packaging mechanism
- Containers and applications abstraction from the environment in which they actually run
- Benefits of container-based applications
- Why Containers?
- Container formats
- Docker container and Kubernetes Engine
- Consistent Environment
Benefits of Deploying Containers
- Speed of delivery
- Increased scalability
- Automated rollouts and roll backs
- Service health monitoring
- Automatic scaling of services
- Declarative management
- Deploy anywhere, including hybrid deployments
- Orchestrate across on-site deployments to public clouds to hybrid deployments in between
- Kubernetes hybrid cloud
- Kubernetes Engine Features
- The Complete Container Solution
- Build: Container Builder
- Store: Container Registry
- Run: Container Optimized OS
- Orchestrate: Kubernetes Engine
Kubernetes and Container Orchestration
- Software to deploy, manage and scale containerized applications.
- Kubernetes and Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Kubernetes and container management
- Automating updates, and minimizing downtime
- Master Node
- Resource Quota
- Networking and Kubernetes
- Docker Networking
- Kubernetes Networking
- Security and Kubernetes
- Cluster Add-ons
- Practical Kubernetes Case Study
- Continuous Integration with Kubernetes