Length: 2 Days
Leadership and Management Development
Leadership and management development has taken on greater importance in recent years for several reasons: costs and risks of recruiting from outside; rise of technology and digital transformations; and a closer look among culture, ethics and how we use technology.
One crucial point to leadership and management development is that everyone on all teams understand the organizational “big picture.” More than anything else this involves defining a very clear picture or vision of the future.
It is also becoming increasingly important for tech-savvy leaders and their organizations to be aware of ethical decision-making’s role with respect to technology disruptors.
It’s not enough to adopt the vocabulary and syntax of technology disruption. Organizations also need to learn to recognize the ethical issues those disruptors may introduce and build the muscle memory to apply a consistent method for identifying ethical courses of action.
Organizations can emphasize to their leaders the importance to build this muscle memory through their commitment to ethical decision-making and by promoting a culture that supports it. The ethical tech mindset reflects the cultural characteristics that leaders and their employees can embrace to support their efforts.
Of course, concerns about the ethics of technologies is nothing new. But as organizations accelerate their use of disruptive technologies throughout their business processes, products and services, organizations must stress to their leaders not to lose sight of the ripple effects—and potential ethical considerations—that result.
With emphasis on digital transformations, every organization is becoming a technology organization. As such, ethical tech matters.
Using technology responsibly requires organizations to apply a consistent method for identifying ethical courses of action.
For example, while disruptive technologies may enable tremendous opportunity for organizations and their leaders to become smarter, the full ramifications of their usage must also be accounted for.
As some leaders are learning, some applications, devices, and systems raise ethical dilemmas each time employees use them. Stories of organizations encountering new challenges related to privacy, algorithmic bias, and a range of other technology-related ethical issues illustrate the reputational and even financial risks for organizations.
The problem in a nutshell is this: Organizations and their leaders seldom develop an overall approach to the ethical impacts of technology use at the start of a digital transformation. As often is the case, companies that don’t consider technology to be their core business may simply assume that these considerations are largely irrelevant, even as they increasingly rely on advanced digital and physical technologies to run their day-to-day operations.
For most organizational leaders, it’s no longer possible to not be enmeshed in technology, no matter the industry or sector. In fact, poll after poll shows that the majority of CEOs believe an effective digital transformation is the key to their organization’s future success.
However, leaders and their organizations simply can’t call themselves technologically savvy if they’re not thinking about the ethical implications of how their employees, customers, and others within their ecosystems are using technologies.
Leadership and Management Development Training Course by Tonex
The Leadership and Management Development training course is designed to teach you how to win your team over to your goals without directing them.
Successful leaders navigate their teams through the continuously changing landscape of the business world. As a leader, you are expected to be able to overcome challenges and capitalize on new opportunities. At Tonex, we understand how challenging and difficult this can be and we are committed to make it less frustrating for you.
Our Leadership and Management Development training course also helps you develop skills by which you can influence your team members, peers, and superiors to accomplish the goals you have in mind.
Leadership is a complex process, which requires multiple skills and attributes. The Leadership and Management Development training course helps you learn such traits while helping you build your own style of leadership.
The Leadership and Management Development training course is a 2-day course designed for:
- Deans, directors, and department heads
- Team leaders, project managers, middle managers, supervisors, executives and team members and all the individuals who are or will be managing others
- Corporate, division, or organizational level executives, managers, leaders and high potentials with leadership responsibility who influence both the day to day and the strategic decisions of the organization and those who want to enhance their leadership effectiveness.
Upon completion of the Leadership and Management Development course, the attendees are able to:
- Define leadership and management
- Understand the characteristics of effective leadership
- Develop effective management techniques
- Master problem solving and decision making
- Enhance communication skills
- Develop the skills to lead high-functional teams
- Understand the fundamentals of leadership and management
- Understand how to integrate leadership with business management
- Develop negotiation skills
- Develop your own style of leadership
- Understand key success factors for successful rollout of change management in dynamic cultures
- Recognize the distinction between leadership and management and how to use both within your organization
- Set and accomplish grand goals
- Communicate your point of view with power and persuasion
- Manage difficult people
- Manage time and prioritize tasks
- Delegate responsibilities to the right person
- Create a productive culture in your team
Overview of Leadership And Management Development
- Definition of leadership
- Leadership vs management
Introduction to Effective Leadership
- How successful leaders behave?
- How to improve your leadership skills?
- Leadership is a complex process, full of challenges
- Learn that Leadership qualities tend to be behavioral in nature, are difficult to learn, and are difficult to measure
- How to get the best out of yourself and others
- Learn the six element of leadership and management skills
- How to set goal and focus on it
- What is the accurate use of language
- Recognize the difference between critic and cynic
- Develop your top opinions
The Nature of Management
- Recognize the typical activities, roles, and responsibilities belong to managers
- Prepare yourself for the challenges and problems faced in your day-to-day job
- Develop techniques to cope with the pressures you face
- Recognize the differences between management and leader roles
Leadership And Management
- Authority vs. responsibility
- Delegation responsibilities
- Roles and relationships
- Manger serving as a leader
- Becoming a leader; bridging the gap
Managerial Traits And Skills
- Develop skills and traits to effective leadership
- Enhance your understanding of managerial and leadership behaviors
- Traits and skills are subject to change based on organizational type, size, location, etc
- Different skills and traits can affect management performance
- Develop time management skill
- Get comfortable with “deadline pressure” and “value”
- Learn how to prioritize work based on its value and deadline pressure
- Distinguish between being “busy” and being “productive”
- Get ready for interruptions and distractions
- Learn proper delegation
Basic Leadership Skills
- Experience, the best teacher
- Effective communication skills
- Learn to be assertive
- Feedback is important
- The importance of developing relationships with peers and superiors
- Develop an improved understanding of goal setting
- Learn traits to increase strategy, people management, and execution
- Develop strategies to handle difficult people
- Prepare your message in advance
- Reasons vs excuses
- When to compromise
- How to make action plan
Advanced Leadership Skills
- Learn various aspects of delegation
- Develop conflict resolution strategies
- Improve your negotiation skills
- Improve your problem-solving skills
- Learn team building techniques related to peer teams and executive teams
- Understand why credibility is crucial in leading teams
- Learn empowerment and its effect on team performance
- Definition of strategic leadership
- Leadership and the strategic process integration
- Personal and organizational missions and visions interconnection
- How to become a better strategic leader
- Elements of ethical leadership
- Characteristics of ethical leaders
- Importance of ethical leadership
- Ethics and values
- How to build excellence
- Emotional intelligence
- What is the role of power in ethical leadership
- How to become an ethical leader
Culture And Leadership
- What is global leadership
- Recognize the difference in leadership in different cultures
- Develop cultural intelligence
Final Thoughts On Leadership
- What is servant leadership
- The role and importance of courage in leading
- How can mental attitude affect tangible results
- The EDISON formula
- How to turn negative situations into positive
- As a leader, how to always look at the big picture
Leadership and Management Development