Life Cycle Environmental Profile (LCEP) Training, MIL-STD-810H Task 402 Training
Life Cycle Environmental Profile (LCEP) Training, MIL-STD-810H Task 402 Training is a 2-day training program focuses on LCEP, task 402. Participants will learn about fundamentals of task 402 and how an LCEP is used for analysis of the environmental stresses likely to be encountered during the entire life of a product, from manufacturing to end of life. LCEP task 402 serves as an input for a Environmental Issues/Criteria List (EICL) which is a collection of justified environmental parameters for design and product test. These stresses include those found in logistical, tactical, and operational phases.
This process is valuable for both military and commercial products in that it provides a basis for a product that will meet customer requirements and prevent costly product recall and redesign.
The purpose of an Life Cycle Environmental Profile is to document the decisions, choices, and plan for a particular product or family of products. MIL-STD-810G states clearly that there is a decision tree to be applied to justify choices and tailoring of test parameters. This profile is the document we use to define the Natural Environmental Characteristics, Item Platform Characteristics, Platform Environments, and Design Requirements which will yield tailored Test Procedures.
The LCEP is to be prepared no later than the early part of the Technology Development phase and will aid in the development of the CONOPS, SRD, ICD, CDD, and the CPD. The LCEP, prepared by an environmental engineering specialist (combat/materiel developer staff or contractor), identifies and characterizes environments or combinations of environments to
which the materiel could be exposed throughout its service life. Use the LCEP as the baseline document to support design and test activities throughout the materiel development process.
Overview of MIL-STD-810H
- What tests are included in MIL-STD-810G testing?
- The definition of temperature shock
- The Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
- Test conditions and tolerances for test conditions
- Calibration interval guidelines
- Temperature change rate
- MIL-STD-810H 500.6 – Acceleration – Test Pressures (Altitude) and Temperature
- MIL-STD-810H 501.7 – High Temperature – Procedure I – Storage and Procedure II – Operation
- MIL-STD-810H 502.7 – Low Temperature – Procedure I – Storage
- MIL-STD-810H 503.7 – Temperature Shock
INTRODUCTOIN TO MIL-STD-810H SECTION 402: LIFE CYCLE ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE (LCEP)
- Purpose of Task 402
- Mission Profile
- Incorporated Documents
- Transport (non-operating or operating)
- Anticipated Logistical & Operational Events
- Service Life Analysis
- Environmental Factors
- Climatic Operational Areas
Overview of Task 402 and Environmental Engineering Program Guidelines
- Laboratory Test Methods
- World Climatic Regions – Guidance
- What changes are included in MIL-STD-810H?
- Task 402.1
- Early part of the Technology Development phase
- Role of LCEP in developing CONOPS, SRD, ICD, CDD, and the CPD.
- Task description
- Environmental Test and Evaluation Master Plan (ETEMP)
- Contents of an LCEP
- Special considerations
- Details to be provided by the acquisition
- Life Cycle Environmental Profile Questionnaire
- Life Cycle Environmental Profile Development Guide