Product Cybersecurity Course by Tonex
The course is suitable for individuals involved in product development, software engineering, cybersecurity, or those responsible for ensuring the security of products. This includes software developers, product managers, security professionals, and quality assurance engineers. Additionally, professionals involved in procurement and supply chain management may also benefit from the course to understand the security considerations in product sourcing and vendor management.
- Understand the importance of product cybersecurity and the potential risks associated with insecure products.
- Gain knowledge of secure product development practices and secure coding principles.
- Acquire skills in conducting threat modeling, risk assessments, and prioritizing vulnerabilities.
- Learn about the secure development lifecycle (SDL) and its implementation in product development processes.
- Develop an understanding of secure supply chain management and third-party vendor evaluation.
- Master techniques for secure product testing, including penetration testing, code reviews, and vulnerability assessments.
- Learn effective patch management strategies and vulnerability management practices.
- Acquire knowledge of secure deployment and post-deployment practices, including monitoring and incident response.
I. Introduction to Product Cybersecurity
- Importance of product cybersecurity
- Overview of cybersecurity threats and risks
- Legal and regulatory considerations
II. Fundamentals of Product Security
- Understanding product architecture and components
- Security by design principles
- Secure coding practices
- Encryption and authentication mechanisms
III. Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment
- Identifying potential threats to products
- Conducting risk assessments
- Prioritizing vulnerabilities and mitigations
IV. Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Introduction to SDL frameworks
- Secure requirements gathering and specification
- Secure development, testing, and deployment practices
- Continuous monitoring and incident response
V. Secure Supply Chain and Third-Party Management
- Evaluating third-party vendors for security
- Ensuring secure software and hardware procurement
- Establishing supply chain risk management processes
VI. Secure Product Testing and Assessment
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
- Security code reviews and static analysis
- Secure configuration and deployment testing
VII. Security Patching and Vulnerability Management
- Developing effective patch management processes
- Handling security incidents and vulnerabilities
- Coordinating with stakeholders and responsible disclosure
VIII. Secure Deployment and Post-Deployment Practices
- Secure product installation and configuration
- Implementing secure update mechanisms
- Monitoring and responding to emerging threats