Secure SDLC & DevSecOps Course by Tonex
The Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) & DevSecOps Course provides comprehensive knowledge and practical skills to integrate security into the software development process. Participants will learn how to implement security measures at each stage of the SDLC and adopt DevSecOps practices to build secure and resilient software applications. This course emphasizes the importance of proactive security measures, risk assessment, secure coding practices, and automation for efficient and secure software development.
The course is suitable for software developers, software engineers, security professionals, DevOps engineers, IT managers, and individuals involved in the software development lifecycle. It is beneficial for professionals aiming to integrate security into their development processes, adopt DevSecOps practices, and enhance their understanding of secure software development principles. Prior knowledge of software development and basic security concepts is recommended.
- 1. Understand the concepts and principles of Secure SDLC and DevSecOps.
- 2. Incorporate security requirements and perform threat modeling during the software development process.
- 3. Implement secure design and architecture principles in software applications.
- 4. Apply secure coding practices and utilize appropriate development tools for secure software development.
- 5. Implement security measures within CI/CD pipelines to ensure secure software delivery.
- 6. Establish secure operational practices and effectively respond to security incidents.
- 7. Foster a security culture and promote collaboration between developers, security teams, and operations.
- 8. Comply with regulatory requirements and ensure governance in DevSecOps practices.
Introduction to Secure SDLC and DevSecOps
- Overview of the SDLC and its stages
- Understanding the principles and benefits of DevSecOps
- Integrating security throughout the development lifecycle
Secure Requirements Gathering and Threat Modeling
- Incorporating security requirements in software design
- Performing threat modeling and risk assessment
- Prioritizing security controls and countermeasures
Secure Design and Architecture
- Secure design principles and practices
- Security architecture patterns and frameworks
- Secure coding standards and guidelines
Secure Development and Testing
- Secure coding practices and techniques
- Secure development tools and environments
- Security testing methods (e.g., static analysis, dynamic testing)
Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Security
- Securing CI/CD pipelines and automation processes
- Implementing security gates and checks
- Ensuring secure software delivery and deployment practices
Secure Operations and Incident Response
- Implementing secure operational practices
- Secure configuration management and monitoring
- Incident response and handling security incidents
Security Culture and Collaboration
- Fostering a security-aware culture within development teams
- Collaboration between developers, security teams, and operations
- Security training and awareness programs
Compliance and Governance in DevSecOps
- Incorporating regulatory requirements into DevSecOps processes
- Secure data handling and privacy considerations
- Audit and compliance monitoring in DevSecOps