Security by Design: Building Secure Systems Course by Tonex
The Security by Design Course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of incorporating security principles and practices into the design and development of systems and applications. This course will cover fundamental concepts, best practices, and strategies to ensure security throughout the entire software development lifecycle. Participants will gain practical skills and knowledge to design and build secure systems that can withstand modern cybersecurity threats.
- Software developers
- Systems architects
- IT managers
- Security professionals
- Project managers
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and importance of security by design.
- Identify common security vulnerabilities and threats in software systems.
- Apply security best practices in system design and development.
- Implement secure coding techniques and practices.
- Analyze and select appropriate security controls and technologies.
- Integrate security testing and verification processes into the development lifecycle.
- Develop strategies for maintaining security and managing updates and patches.
Module 1: Introduction to Security by Design
- Importance of security in the software development process
- Key principles and concepts of security by design
- Security frameworks and industry standards
Module 2: Threat Modeling and Risk Assessment
- Identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities
- Risk assessment methodologies
- Mitigation strategies and risk management techniques
Module 3: Secure System Architecture
- Secure design principles and patterns
- Security considerations for different architectural layers
- Access controls, authentication, and authorization
Module 4: Secure Coding Practices
- Secure coding guidelines and best practices
- Input validation and output encoding
- Handling sensitive data securely
Module 5: Security Controls and Technologies
- Encryption and cryptography
- Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other network security controls
- Web application security frameworks and libraries
Module 6: Security Testing and Verification
- Security testing methodologies
- Code reviews and static analysis tools
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
Module 7: Secure Deployment and Maintenance
- Secure software deployment strategies
- Patch management and vulnerability remediation
- Incident response and disaster recovery planning
Module 8: Security Culture and Awareness
- Promoting a security-conscious mindset
- Training and awareness programs
- Social engineering and phishing prevention