Source Code Analysis Course by Tonex
The Source Code Analysis Course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively analyze and review source code for security vulnerabilities, code quality, and compliance with coding standards. Participants will learn various static analysis techniques, tools, and best practices to identify and remediate coding errors, security weaknesses, and potential software vulnerabilities. Through practical exercises and real-world examples, participants will gain hands-on experience in performing source code analysis and improving the overall security and quality of software applications.
The course is suitable for software developers, software engineers, security professionals, code reviewers, and individuals involved in the software development process. It is beneficial for professionals seeking to enhance their understanding and skills in analyzing source code for security vulnerabilities and code quality. Prior knowledge of programming languages and basic software development concepts is recommended.
- Understand the importance and benefits of source code analysis in improving software security and quality.
- Apply static analysis techniques to identify common coding errors, vulnerabilities, and anti-patterns.
- Effectively use static analysis tools to analyze and interpret source code analysis results.
- Identify and remediate security vulnerabilities in source code, including common web application vulnerabilities.
- Assess code compliance with industry coding standards and regulations.
- Conduct effective code reviews and prioritize identified issues for remediation.
- Integrate source code analysis into the software development lifecycle and CI/CD pipelines.
- Apply source code analysis techniques to different programming languages and frameworks.
Introduction to Source Code Analysis
- Overview of source code analysis and its importance
- Benefits and challenges of static code analysis
- Integrating source code analysis into the software development lifecycle
Static Analysis Techniques
- Identifying common coding errors and anti-patterns
- Detecting security vulnerabilities and coding best practices
- Analyzing code complexity and maintainability metrics
Source Code Analysis Tools
- Overview of popular static analysis tools
- Configuring and customizing static analysis tools
- Interpreting and prioritizing analysis results
Security-focused Source Code Analysis
- Identifying and addressing common security vulnerabilities (e.g., SQL injection, XSS)
- Analyzing authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Identifying insecure coding practices and cryptographic weaknesses
Compliance and Coding Standards
- Assessing code compliance with industry coding standards (e.g., OWASP, CWE)
- Identifying compliance issues related to data protection and privacy regulations
- Ensuring adherence to coding guidelines and best practices
Code Review and Remediation Strategies
- Conducting effective code reviews for security and quality
- Prioritizing and addressing identified issues
- Developing secure coding guidelines and documentation
Integration with Development Processes and Tools
- Integrating source code analysis into the development workflow
- Automating code analysis in continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Collaborating with development teams for code improvement
Source Code Analysis in Different Languages and Frameworks
- Considerations and techniques for analyzing different programming languages (e.g., Java, Python, C++)
- Analyzing code in specific frameworks (e.g., .NET, Spring, Django)