Systems engineering is an inter-disciplinary field of engineering that focuses on how to design, manage and optimize complex engineering systems over their life cycles. Systems engineering deals with work-processes, optimization methods and risk management tools in such projects.
Link 16 is an essential tactical data link (TDL) used by U.S., NATO and Coalition forces to make wise decisions inside a battlespace. It does this by delivering crucial exchange of situational awareness data among Link 16 forces.
Link 16 systems engineering has become vital as the complexity of Department of Defense (DoD) systems and resultant challenges have increased.
Systems engineers especially serve key roles in battlefield communications. The Link 16 systems engineer has a wide range of responsibilities including:
- Preparing operational and tactical communications information systems
- Engineering the Link 16 tactical data link (TDL)
- Maintaining TDL equipment
These responsibilities are substantial in order to ensure that front line troops and their commanders can communicate on deployment worldwide.
And like non-military systems engineers, yet another responsibility involves risk management skills. System engineers work to eliminate waste of time, money, man-hours, materials, machine time, energy and other resources. They figure out how to do things better, optimize engineering processes and systems that improve quality and productivity.
Link 16 systems engineer job have various titles such as:
- Combat System Simulation Jr. Data Link Analyst
- Operations Analyst/Systems Engineer/Advanced Programs
- Systems Engineer – Communications
- Combat System Simulation Senior Data Link Analyst
Link 16 Systems Engineering Training
Tonex offers a 3-day Link 16 Systems Engineering Training Course designed for professionals who perform, manage, control or specify the development of Link 16 and TDL technology-based systems.
Course objectives include learning how to:
- List systems engineering concepts, process principles and elements
- Explain Link 16 Systems Engineering Processes: Principles, Concepts and Elements
- Plan and secure Link 16 operational networks
- List techniques of TDL and Link 16 ConOps, system requirements analysis, design, development, V&V and operation
- Explain the building blocks of systems engineering
- Illustrate Link 16 system concepts
- Write and evaluate Link 16 and TDL requirements analysis
A wide range of professionals including software and design engineers, cybersecurity analysts, project directors, project and product managers, systems engineers, business analysts and many other engineering and operational job titles.
Other Link 16 Courses:
- Tonex is internationally recognized as a Tactical Data Link training provider with subject matter experts.
- Tonex offers reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
- Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
- So far we have helped over 20,000 developers in over 50 countries stay up to date with cutting edge information from our training categories.
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.