LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training
LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training: The Internet of Things (IoT), refers to physical devices that are now connected to the internet and often to each other, collecting and sharing data. By 2020, Cisco estimates that there will be 50 to 200 billion connected devices worldwide.
LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training: Consequently, two new Low Power Wide Area (LPWA) technologies have been developed for IoT applications – NB-IoT (Narrowband-IoT) and LTE-M (Long Term Evolution For Machines). Both are protocols for low bandwidth cellular communications that connect to internet devices that need to transmit small amounts of data, with the lower costs (both hardware and subscription) and the higher battery life.
These are the important features to know about NB-IoT technologies:
- Low costs — The NB-IoT modules have lower costs than the modules for other communication technologies in the market (like, 3G, 4G, GPRS) and also LTE-M. This cost is, currently, around $10, and is expected to be between $5 and $7 eventually. From a user point of view, it is important to underline that the subscription cost will be cheaper than current M2M communications.
- More cellulars per cell — NB-IoT devices uses 180 KHz bandwidth so it is estimated the network supports more than 100.000 connections per cell.
- Excellent penetration in indoors and underground.
These are the important features to know about LTE-M:
- Uplink and Downlink speed — Up to 1 Mbps which is quite more than NB-IoT.
- VoLTE — This technology supports voice.
- Mobility — LTE-M is prepared for devices in movement.
The choice between LTE-M and NB-IoT covered in LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training, depends largely upon the amount of data that you plan on using and how much latency is acceptable for your application.
Latency is the amount of time it takes to get on a network and send a message. A device can either collect information and send a packet to the cloud in intervals or it can communicate in real time. This is where you’ll see the most difference between LTE-M and NB-IoT.
For mission-critical applications, LTE-M is the choice. It supports devices that need to communicate in real time to ensure the application meets user-experience requirements.
Some examples of real-time communication include voice, emergency data and precision tracking data.
LTE-M And NB-IoT Crash Course Training
Tonex offers LTE-M and NB-LoT Crash Course training, a new 2-day customized LTE training that focuses on fundamentals of LTE access technology. The training course provides an in-depth overview of the various aspects of the new LTE-based radio, LTE-M connectivity and NB-IoT concepts optimized for IoT.
Intended Audience for LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training:
- Technical and product marketing professional working for wireless operators
- Utility companies
- Equipment and device manufacturers
- Security professionals
- IoT architects and designers
Why Choose Tonex for LTE-M and NB-IoT Crash Course Training?
–Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
–Reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
–Presenting highly customized learning solutions is what we do. For over 30 years Tonex has worked with organizations in improving their understanding and capabilities in topics often with new development, design, optimization, regulations and compliances.
For more information, questions, comments, contact us.