Length: 2 Days
C-RAN Training, Cloud-RAN Training
C-RAN is a novel mobile network architecture that can address a number of challenges operators face while trying to support growing end-user’s needs. The main idea behind C-RAN is to pool the Baseband Units (BBUs) from multiple base stations into a centralized BBU Pool for statistical multiplexing gain, while shifting the burden to the high-speed wireline transmission of In-phase and Quadrature (IQ) data.
C-RAN enables energy efficient network operation and possible cost savings on baseband resources. Furthermore, it improves network capacity by performing load balancing and cooperative processing of signals originating from several base stations.
Future Cloud RAN architectures will likely exploit a combination of virtualization, centralization and coordination techniques, all of which interact with each other in a variety of ways within the network. Cloud RAN will be composed of a mix of Distributed RAN, Centralized RAN and Virtualized RAN architectures, allowing for spectral efficient solutions over the transport infrastructure available.
The C-RAN is believed to have a number of benefits, such as:
- More cost and footprint effective due to less hardware
- Produces higher spectrum efficiency
- Has lower heating, cooling and power requirement
- Uses cloud computing open platforms and real-time virtualization to allocate shared resources between BBUs dynamically.
- Has the ability to pool resources or reuse infrastructure
- Creates a more simplified, scalable and flexible network
C-RAN Training By Tonex
C-RAN Training, Cloud-RAN Training or Centralized Radio Access Network training covers C-RAN principles, architecture, components, planning and design of cloud-RAN applied to 4G and 5G mobile networks.
- BU (Base Band Unit)
- RRH (Remote Radio Head)
- CPRI (Common Public Radio Interface) Link and Protocol
- C-RAN vs. macro cells and DAS (Distributed Antenna Systems)