Strategic Leadership Courses: Strategic Leadership is the ability to influence others to voluntarily make decisions that enhance the prospects for the organization’s long-term success while maintaining short-term financial stability.
Strategic leaders through their vision and drive can and do make a difference in a company’s success or failure.
Two key objectives of strategic leadership are productivity and to create and maintain an environment in which employees follow their own ideas for the overall benefit of organizational goals.
Strategic leaders require objectivity, creativity and the ability to look at the broader picture. Other important characteristics:
- Judicious use of power
- Staying update on company matters
- Social skills
- Ability to delegate
- Excellent communicator
While some leadership attributes may be innate, others can be developed through training and mentoring.
Take motivation. An efficient innovator can learn how to inspire efforts for the entire company, directing the specific motivators of each individual or group to force the right control buttons and motivate workers at every stage to obtain not only their personal best but the best for the company as a whole.
A strategic leader can also learn how to sharpen planning skills. This is important because it’s crucial to set up a high-level plan that pushes everyone toward a specific objective.
Additionally, a good strategic leader must understand when taking a risk is an appropriate course of action. This includes creating new products and services as well as breaking conventions in order to capture industry dominance in a market.
In today’s business milieu, strategic leaders are also expected to focus on more than just maximizing shareholder wealth.
A survey of millennials found that 92 percent of respondents said that a firm’s success should be measured by more than profit. This includes meeting an array of stakeholder expectations ranging from sustainability initiatives to socially driven demands from customers.
Strategic Leadership Courses
Tonex offers Strategic Leadership Training, a 2-day course where participants learn the core components of leadership, vision, purpose, strategy and values.
Who Should Attend
- Senior and principal managers
- Middle managers who are on the track to senior positions
- Executives, directors and decision makers
- Both public and private sectors can benefit from this training course
—Systems Engineering Leadership Training (4 days)
— Leadership Training For Women (2 days)
—Leadership Training For Non-Engineers (2 days)
The Tonex Way
- Course agenda can be tailored to fit the needs of your organization.
- Since 1993 Tonex has made available reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
- Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
Contact us for more information, questions, comments.