Length: 2 Days
Strategic Leadership Training
A strategic leader is one who carefully weighs available options and positions the company for growth by taking action.
This leadership style is dynamic by nature and requires a high level of commitment and work involvement. A strategic leader excels in decision making. The ability to see the intricacies of a situation and find the best possible solution is an important skill for any leader.
In addition, this type of leader also knows when to take calculated risks that will further the goals of the company. Being able to adapt to marketplace changes and take advantage of new opportunities as they present themselves is an earmark of being a strategic leader.
Often overlooked is the growing importance of ethics in a strategic leadership style. Strategic leadership of ethical behavior in business can no longer be ignored. Executives must accept the fact that the moral impact of their leadership presence and behaviors will rarely, if ever, be neutral.
In the leadership capacity, executives have great power to shift the ethics mindfulness of organizational members in positive as well as negative directions. Rather than being left to chance, this power to serve as ethics leaders should be used to establish a social context within which positive self-regulation of ethical behavior becomes a clear and compelling organizational norm and in which people act ethically as a matter of routine.
The hard truth is that in today’s transparent social-media-driven world, senior executives, especially those with a high profile, will be tested and called to task over their morals and ethics in how they do business.
Vision is another important core value of leadership and is at the heart of strategy.
This is why so many experts in the field of leadership training focus on vision as one of the key core values in a strategic leadership approach.
A strategic leader possess the vision and capability to develop and execute reasoned and sound decisions that will have a long-term impact on the organization. In addition, a strategic leader is better able to effectively channel the available resources to meet the needs of the organization. Strategic decision-making is a key pointer of the positions occupied by a strategic leader, their experience, and the prevailing organizational environment.
The leaders of an organization should be able to create the vision for the enterprise in a way that will engage both the imagination and the energies of its people.
Core values are the essential and enduring principles that define what your company stands for. They are the bedrocks upon which your entire company runs, from hiring and management to strategy and operations.
Setting your company’s core values seems simple, but can be one of the hardest aspects of strategic leadership, which is why training such as that offered by Tonex can help move the process of strategic leadership along.
Strategic Leadership Training Course by Tonex
The strategic leadership training course covers the fundamentals, principals and skills necessary for principal and senior management roles.
While setting major strategies for an organization would evolve with time and constantly change based on different events, defining the baseline, even in a broad and general outline, can make a significant change in the consequence actions of the organization. Plus, executing such strategies are as important as defining them.
A strategic leader must be great in both in order to guide the organization toward the right direction. Through the strategic leadership training course, you will learn to drive through the implementation of strategies instead of letting others take control of your decisions. As a strategic leader, you are responsible to use all the resources of your organization at its most effective way to produce the most results.
Trainees will also learn:
- The main challenges outside the organization that could affect the performance of the organization
- How to deal with these challenges?
- What are the key strategies and tactics you need to use to accomplish the best results?
- Emotional intelligence in leadership
- Different dynamic approach by using creative and innovative methods
- Persuasion and influencing skills and tactics to achieve your goals
The goal of the strategic leadership training course is to teach you the core components of leadership, vision, purpose, strategy, and values. Over the strategic leadership training course, we will help you discover and develop specific skills and strategies suitable and necessary for your own organization.
The strategic leadership training is a 2-day course designed for:
- Senior and principal managers
- Middle managers who are on the track to senior positions
- Executives, directors, and decision makers
- Both public and private sectors can benefit from this training course
Upon the completion of the strategic leadership training course, the attendees are able to:
- Understand the theory and practice of leading a workplace
- Build strong partnerships and external/internal networks to foster a sustainable relationship with other organizations and companies
- Influence others to yield better results and achieve business goals
- Develop strategic thinking and planning skills to lead creativity and positive change
- Develop research skills to always stay updated and informed about what is related to the business
- Develop greater and broader awareness and competencies
- Develop better skills of monitoring, supporting, and performance
- Establish norms and regulations
- Use the resources in the most effective way
- Take more reasonable risks
- Share knowledge
Overview of Strategic Leadership
- Definition of leadership
- Introduction to emotional intelligence
- Demands for strategic leadership
Needs For Strategic Leadership
- Principals of leadership
- Role of strategic leadership
- Leadership evolution
- Today’s strategic leadership
Fundamental Elements Of Leadership
- Effective communication
- Building strong relationships
- Deep understanding of the goals
Advanced Leadership Skills
- Ability to delegate
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Ability to negotiate
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Challenges with people and the process
- The integrated approach to achieve goals
- Necessary capabilities and skills
- Strategic leadership vs. strategy
Qualities Essential For Strategic Leaders And How To Develop Them
- Strategic capabilities
- Developing an approach to leadership
- Conventional and modern leadership techniques
How To Create Unique Value?
- How to set effective strategies in the absence of necessary and valuable resources?
- Importance of mission statements
- Outsource strategies
- Stay away from greed and distrust
- Essential elements to profitability
Principals Of Value Creation and Capture
- Integrate resources
- Set dynamic abilities and sustain advantages
- Clients’ perspectives and expectations
- Who gets the most value from being creative
Strategic Value Propositions
- How to accomplish great results by using a great strategy
- How to reconfigure the value chain towards economical strategy advantages
- How to distinguish your organization’s value propositions from others
- How to come up with strategies that make customers will to pay more
- Leadership hierarchy
- Analyzing the leadership process
Role Of Emotional Intelligence In Leadership
- The leadership and emotion equation
- Elements of organizational culture
Strategic Leadership Kit
- Practical tactics to develop leadership skills
- Core skills of strategic leadership: thinking and people competencies
How To Develop Strategic Leadership Competencies?
- Existing approaches
- Behavioral approaches
- Contingency approach
Leadership And Culture
- Understanding global leadership
- Recognize various methods and approaches of leadership in different cultures
- Develop cultural intelligence
- Understanding corporate culture
- Structural aspects
- Behavioral aspects
- Human aspects
- How to change corporate culture
- Change checklist
- Cultural web
- Culture and emotional intelligence
Practical Features Of Strategic Leadership
- Vision, goals, and objectives
- Creating corporate identity
- Getting help from individual influencers
Developing Effective Influencing Skills
- Successful influencing leaders’ characteristics
- Methods of persuasion
- Profiling others
- Top team characteristics
- Appreciate diversity
- Manage and compete at international levels
- Strategies to enter global markets
- Risks of entering international markets
- Market failure recovery
- Balancing tradeoffs in a global business
Strategic Leadership Training