Length: 5 Days
Telecom Mini MBA
Telecom Mini MBA is a 5-day course where participants learn and refine their skills in global Telecom Business and Technologies.
As the foundation for connecting people and businesses, the telecom industry plays a critical role in nearly everything we do.
However, the telecom sector often finds itself in a state of perpetual expansion as new wireless communication generations come and go and innovative technologies suddenly appear that change everything.
Consequently, analysts contend that ushed by rapid advances in technology, telecom operators need to think, research and adapt their products to meet the needs of a tech-hungry consumer.
A big issue for telecoms is that while connectivity has never been more important, markets and business models have shifted, and so have the expectations of customers regarding versatility, accessibility and sustainability.
Coming to terms with Gen Z consumers has been particularly challenging.
That’s because the rise of the digital native has raised consumer expectations for high-performance connectivity.
Another challenge: just keeping up with technology.
Take for example, the Metaverse. Analysts contend that telecoms need to pay attention. With 5G Advanced use cases nearing fruition and 6G coming soon, the Metaverse may arrive much faster than CEOs are planning for.
Experts in this field believe that in addition to their role of concretizing the vision into reality, telecom operators can benefit from the new technology if they are sufficiently prepared because the virtual reality world can change the way telecoms operate, and possibly optimize their operations.
Then there’s the security issue.
The problem is that telecoms are very attractive targets for cybercriminals. That’s not surprising since telecoms provide the infrastructure for nearly every digital service from movie streaming to email networks for large corporations.
A cyber-attack can have a huge and far-reaching impact. Even a false accusation of a cyber-attack might cause a telecom company to shut down key services that consumers and clients rely on.
Needless to say, that puts a lot of pressure on telecoms to protects assets. This is generally a difficult responsibility considering the number of third-party partners, IoT gaps and users who don’t have a clue about security.
Consequently, for telecoms to maintain effective security requires keeping up with technological improvements in the field of data security, as well as conforming to the ever changing compliance landscape. Telecoms need to keep their employees up-to-date by offering them good quality courses.
Tonex Mini-MBA Programs
The telecom sector has become increasingly crowded as the era of digitalization has advanced.
In fact, telecommunications is the most competitive and fastest-growing market in the world. Dynamic competition in telecom is produced by battles among companies to produce more reliable or more economical commodities.
Analysts are quick to point out that telecom has changed almost all roads of individuals such as culture, education, social, and even political lives. Telecommunication has launched many devices such as telecom towers, routers, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), fiber-optics, smart TV, smart radios, antennas, and smartphones.
With all the competitors in telecom, the natural question is this: How does one company stand out over another?
Most feel the competitive advantage lies in knowledge, such as training offered by Tonex in its Telecom Mini MBA program.
This competitive advantage manifests in the form of efficient network management, which relies on knowing how the network is used.
Bottom line is this: In today’s world, standing still means dropping back.
Telecom Mini MBA Course by Tonex
The Tonex Telecom Mini MBA, Mini MBA in Telecommunications is a non-credit program and leads to a certificate in management upon completion. This accelerated, 5-day “Mini MBA” workshop surveys the core curriculum covered in most university-level graduate business programs.
The knowledge you will acquire in this interactive learning experience will provide you with a strong overall business foundation. With the 5-day “Telecom Mini MBA” seminar, you’ll discover how various components of a business must be linked, aligned and integrated into a successful business system. And you will gain a firm grasp of modern management practices.
This 5-day Telecom Mini-MBA Program offers an overview of the key concepts, tools, and techniques that are required to succeed in today’s challenging business environment. The program features focused learning experiences and case studies centered on vital subject areas in the business world.
By mind mapping and discussing the case studies, managers will learn how organizational units interact to support corporate strategy and the different ways business can adapt to constant change. A team of faculties have condensed the fundamental leadership basics learned in the traditional MBA into a one week course.
- Learn and refine their skills in:
- Global Telecom Business and Technologies
- Leveraging leadership, strategies and business planning, technology and business alignment, regulation and competition, organizational structures, operations, marketing, customer care and systems to achieve business objectives
- Managing people effectively to maximize organization performance
- Professional development
- Developing and implementing strategic and financial decisions in both normal and turbulent economic conditions
- Developing business and product strategies that create ongoing competitive advantage
- Applying finance and cost accounting techniques to support decision making
- Formulating a comprehensive marketing plan
- Learn to analyze and improve business processes in services by learning how to increase productivity and deliver higher quality standards.
- Earn a Certificate which may be applied to the MBA
Who Should Attend?
Telecom Mini MBA is designed for senior managers, middle managers, Mid-level telecommunications managers acquiring in-depth knowledge in all aspects of the global telecommunications business, technology, leadership, and management.
This program is designed for experienced or high potential managers who are seeking a stronger foundation in current business theory and practice, or managers who have experience in one area and want exposure to other areas to qualify for positions of increased responsibility. Technical professionals making the transition into management positions and professionals or managers considering an MBA program will also find this Mini-MBA program a valuable learning experience. The Mini MBA is designed for:
- Experienced managers seeking a solid foundation in current telecom business and telecom theory and practices, technical professionals moving into management positions and wanting more fundamental management ‘know-how’
- Managers wanting to become knowledgeable in a variety of functional areas to advance in their careers
- Professionals who need to learn basic telecom business concepts in order to operate their practices more effectively
- Telecom Professionals who need to learn basic business concepts, skills, and vocabulary to communicate and work more effectively with other functional specialists and senior management
- Individuals with some managerial experience who need a better understanding of basic business concepts and the skills to apply them on their telecom job
- Anyone who faces increasing management responsibilities but may not have a formal business or management background
Introduction to Mini-MBA
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Communications
- Capital Budgeting
- Economic Policy
- Electronic Commerce
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Fraud and Revenue Assurance
- Human Resources and Legal Issues
- Information Technology
- Integrated Communications
- Inventory Management
- Market Supply and Demand
- Marketing and Communications
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Telecom Services
- Time Value of Money
- Working Capital
Global Telecom Business and Technologies
- Overview of Telecom Services and Networks
- Overview of Wireless and Wireline Networks and Services
- HSPA/HSPA+, LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G
- Overview of 5G NR and 5GC
- 5G Use Cases and Slices
- 5G Services and New Models of Revenue
- Self-Driving Cars
- IoT and Industry 4.0
- Smart Grid
- Public Sectors
- IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
- Voice over LTE (VoLTE)
- Self-Optimizing Networks (SON)
- Products and Services for Consumer and Businesses
- Global Market Evolution and Trends
- Regulation and Interconnect
- Tariffs and Rating
- Revenue Assurance and Fraud
- Telecom Sales and Marketing
- Operations Management and Business Streamlining
- Telecom Product Management
- Telecom Technology Evolution
- The Basic Functions of Management
- The Global Environment of Business
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Strategy
- International Business
- Excellence in Leadership
- Leadership and Communication
- Behavioral science perspective of organizations
- Empowering an organization
- Motivation Leadership Strategies
- Organizational Planning and Growth Strategies
- Managing Strategic Transformations
- Operations and Quality
- Process Analysis
- Key Elements of Process Analysis
- Global Financial Markets
- Corporate Finance and Financial Strategy
- Overview of Economic Expansions and Recessions
- Definition of An Economic Expansion
- Attributes of Recessions
- Predictors of a Recession
- Responding to a Recession
- Strategies for moving an economy out of a recession
- Deficit Spending by the Government to Spark Economic Growth
- Supply-Side Economists and Tax Cuts
- To Promote Business Capital Investment
- Overview of Terms
- Cost Analysis and Profit Planning
- Process, value chain, and cost structure linkages
- Corporate Governance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The Control Objectives for Information and related Technology (COBIT)
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO)
Marketing and Brand Management
- Value cycle
- Value proposition and marketing strategy
- Value delivery
- Customer acquisition and retention
- Importance of Brand
- Market Segmentation
- Internet Marketing and E-Commerce
- Pricing Strategies
- Product Management
Operations, Process and Business Operations
- Reducing OPEX
- Improving EBITA Margin
- Operations Management
- Strategic Supply Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Business Management
- Reducing costs, increasing speed, and improving quality and service
- Process improvement principles
- Successful techniques for continuous improvement
Sales, Marketing, and Negotiation
- Marketing of Services and Products
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Conflict management
- Win-win negotiations
- Strategic Initiatives in Competitive Markets
Technology, Information Systems, and Information Technology (IT)
- Technology Reviews
- Computing and Information Technology (IT)
- IT Project Planning and Management
- Managing Information Assets and Technology
- Overview of Digital Transformation
- Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Overview of Telecom Critical Infrastructure
- Overview of Cybersecurity
Strategic Human Resources (HR)
- Building Relationships
- Leading Teams
- Facilitating Change
- Leveraging Workplace Diversity
- Ethical Decision
- Business Ethics
- Ethical Leadership Defined
- Tools for Ethical Analysis
- Leading and Managing Ethical Organizations
- Business Ethics across Cultural and Legal Boundaries
- Global Policy Analysis
- Regulation and Legislation
- Regulatory and Ethical Environment of Business
Workshops and Projects (Customized)
- Workshops and Case Studies
- Telecom Mini MBA Project
- Working with a Business Plan
- Product/Services and Technology Roadmaps
- Sales growth and Market Strategies
- Operational Excellence/Lean Operations
- Improving Customer satisfaction
- Optimal Organization and Structure
- Findings and Presentation
Telecom Mini-MBA Capstone Project (Due after 1 month after the delivery of the course)
The Capstone Project is intended to be the final pieces of a Mini MBA participants to incorporate concepts learned throughout the Mini MBA program to address a strategic challenge facing a host organization. The Capstone Project’s final written document and formal presentation to the organization’s key contact(s) must show that the participant has:
- significantly applied concepts from strategy and finance and at least two other disciplines related to the project (i.e., accounting, economics, information systems, marketing, operations, HR, and organizational behavior)
- demonstrated their ability to collect and analyze primary and/or secondary data from relevant and credible sources.
- fully addressed the agreed-upon issue and provided novel recommendations that the organization can use in their ongoing work and/or decision making; and
- exhibited excellent academic and professional standards.
- All projects will be done in conjunction with a host organization.
Telecom Mini MBA