Defense Demilitarization Program Course (DDPC)
Defense Demilitarization Program Course (DDPC) will identify what the Defense Demilitarization Program Course DEMIL is and will define what the codes associated with the items mean. Emphasis will be placed on the accurate coding of Munitions List Items (MLI) / Commerce Control List Items, the employment of the DEMIL manual and the latest changes effecting the DEMIL program.
DEMIL training will be tailored to personnel who have a functional responsibility associated with the logistics and disposal of military property, assignment of DEMIL codes and/or management of the DoD Demilitarization and Trade Security Controls Program.
DEMIL training is required for personnel to assign DEMIL code and to verify and validate that DEMIL of the MLI has been completed.
Target Audience: Provisioners, Inventory Managers and other NSWC PHD personnel who want to become familiar with Demilitarization
Upon completion of this course, the participants are able to:
- Identify regulatory and implementing documents used in DEMIL and Trade Security controls.
- Examine the USML to identify MLI.
- Discuss requirements for each DEMIL code.
- Assign DEMIL codes to MLI.
- Identify additional requirements for instructions associated with DEMIL code G, P and F items.
- Identify the entities authorized to perform physical DEMIL.
- Distinguish between DEMIL code “Q” and DEMIL code “A” items by using the Commerce Control List.
- Determine appropriate disposition requirements for MLI and CCLI by using the DEMIL Code Challenge Program
- Interpret disposition requirements for Munitions List Items and Commerce Control List Items.
- Discuss DoD Trade Security Controls
- Interpret the policies and programs applicable to MLI and CCLI in Contractor Inventory.
- Principles of DEMIL
- DoD Demilitarization (DEMIL) Program
- DEMIL Program Administration
- DEMIL Planning Guidance
- DEMIL Roles and Responsibilities
- Demilitarization Coding
- Policy and assigns responsibilities for the DoD DEMIL program
- DoD Directive 5134.01
- Oversight of DEMIL functions
- DEMIL code assignment accuracy
- DEMIL life cycle planning
- Section 1051 of Public Law 105-261
- DoD programs for the research, development, and acquisition; management; sustainment; maintenance; disposition; or release of DoD personal property
- Commerce Control List (CCL)
- Trade security controls (TSC) measures
- DoD Instruction 2030.08
- Sensitive and non-sensitive Commerce Control List Items (CCLI)
- International transfers procedures in DoD Instruction 2040.02
- DEMIL Validation Program
- DEMIL and Controlled Inventory Item Codes (CIICs)
- DLA Disposition Services
- DLA Disposition Services/Controlled Property Verification
- DEMIL Waivers and Modifications
- Captured Property
- Qualified Recycling Program