1400 Preston Road #400
Plano, TX 75093
SDR Training Description
SDR training course by TONEX covers the current technological status of radio frequency design, data conversion, reconfigurable signal processing hardware, and software issues at all levels of the protocol stack and network.SDR Training provides a holistic treatment of SDR addressing the full breadth of relevant technologies: radio frequency design, signal processing and software at all levels. It also provides a solid grounding for a new generation of wireless engineers for whom radio design in future will assume dynamic flexibility as a given.
A software-defined radio (SDR) system is a radio communication system which uses software for the modulation and demodulation of radio signals. The goal of SDR is to produce a radio that can receive and transmit a new form of radio protocol just by running new software.
The hardware of a software-defined radio typically consists of a superheterodyne RF front end which converts RF signals from and to analog IF signals, and analog to digital converter and digital to analog converters which are used to convert a digitised IF signal from and to analog form, respectively.
SDR technologies provide software control of a variety of modulation, interference management and capacity enhancement techniques over a broad frequency spectrum (wide and narrow band), while ensuring secure communications management. Radios built using SDR concepts offer:
- Standard architecture for a wide range of communications products
- Non-restrictive wireless roaming for consumers by extending the capabilities of current and emerging commercial air-interface standards
- Uniform communication across commercial, civil, federal and military organizations
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Potential for significant life-cycle cost reductions
- Over the air downloads of new features and services as well as software patches
- Advanced networking capabilities to allow truly portable networks
- Worldwide interest and investment in the SDR technologies is growing significantly, with key standardization and development efforts now taking place throughout Europe, North America, Japan, Korea, and China.
- In addition to the broad benefits listed above, SDR technologies offer unique benefits to players on every tier of the value chain
This comprehensive training course provides both the theory and practical hands-on training required to successfully develop Software Defined Radio (SDR) software in accordance with the Software Communications Architecture (SCA) specification. This training course will introduce the attendees to SDR/SCA and CORBA middleware and then progress to advanced SDR/SCA programming focused on developing SCA Applications and Platform Services. The training involves the use of PrismTech’s Spectra modeling tools, Core Framework (CF) and middleware to design, implement and deploy SCA Platforms and Waveforms.