5G & 5G Advanced Fundamentals
Is 5G Advanced what 5G was supposed to be in the first place?
Many analysts say yes as carriers look forward to 3GPP’s likely release of 5G Advanced through Release 18 sometime next year.
5G Advanced is expected to enable a new level of RAN intelligence and automation through standardized support for AI/ML. Release 18 will also use AI to enhance network energy efficiency, load balancing and mobility management.
Basically, 5G Advanced will encompass a long list of technological enhancements aimed at enabling or improving a variety of use cases – all while making mobile networks more efficient and intelligent.
Take a look at uplink connections, for example. 5G promised faster download speeds for mobile users. 5G Advanced focuses more on the uplink – how fast users can upload data. That’s important because there are a lot of use cases that need faster uplink such as consumer applications like live video streaming on handheld devices.
Also, enterprise applications like video surveillance for security can make use of more centralized video processing capabilities by uploading the video to the network.
5G Advanced should also strengthen support for augmented reality and virtual reality, which have both consumer and business use cases.
5G Advanced will also focus on energy efficiency, enhanced coverage, improved positioning, and other core infrastructure improvements.
Precise millisecond timing is crucial for many industry sectors like banking, industrial IoT and smart energy grid technologies. 5G Advanced will guard against the degradation or loss of satellite signals by providing time references directly from the network.
5G & 5G Advanced Fundamentals Course by Tonex
5G & 5G Advanced Fundamentals is a 2 days training course presented by Tonex. 5G is drastically evolving – from an adjunct technology to a solid communications standard that will change our sorroundings and how we communicate with each other and the things around us. In this course, Tonex will cover high level technical concepts, use cases and user experiences.
Participants also learn about 5G’s history and the important role 5G plays in the digital transformation ecosystem, which provides a faster and better connectivity to users to access various applications and services.
Pre-requisite: For this course, it is required to have basic knowledge about cellular technologies and telecom operator business. At the end of this course, participants will have a good knowledge and understanding of 5G advanced fundamentals.
Who Should Attend
Course recommended for
- Network Engineer & Architect
- Product engineer & designer
- Systems engineer
- Healthcare technician
- Mechanical/ Trouble-shooting professional
- Engineering Project management chief
- RF engineers & scientists,
- Software testing engineers, analysts,
- Engineering managers,
- Antenna technicians,
- Field measurement technicians
- Project planners
- Understand it’s history and background and cover a very high level technical concepts including use cases and and user experiences.
- Understand the important role 5G plays in the digital transformation ecosystem is provide a faster and better connectivity to the users
- Gain knowledge about the cellular technologies and telecom operator business
- Definition of 5G
- How all the cellular technologies evolve to 5G
- 5G use cases / User experience
- 5G system and configurations5G ArchitectureWorkshops/ Case-studies