5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp
5G is a complex protocol.
For the 5G systems engineer, 5G is a major enabler in the context of digital transformation. That’s because today’s businesses are facing an eruption of complexities. And, with the aid of properly trained 5G systems engineers, advancements in visual and connectivity technologies like 5G provide an opportunity for organizations to harness this complexity for a more competitive advantage.
In many ways, 5G systems engineering is the essence of connectivity. Throughput improvement, for example, has advanced from 2G to 3G and again from 3G to 4G. But 5G represents a whole new level of throughput of gigabit speeds.
5G begins where 4G ended – around one gigabit per second all the way up to around 10 gigabits per second. For the 5G systems engineer, this is a significant jump in speed to work with.
Response time of networks, or latency, also brings a new set of values in systems engineering. The latency spec for 5G goes down to one millisecond, which is an order of magnitude improvement over 4G. Low latency combined with the reliability of cellular networks now allows for more real-time control.
Connection density is another engineering factor that has enjoyed a magnitude increase with 5G architecture. 5G calls for an ability to support up to 1 million users per square kilometer. What this means is a LOT of devices getting connected as well as a LOT of different types of devices getting connected – besides smartphones.
A different kind of engineering also comes into play with how 5G impacts various industries, especially manufacturing. In fact, 5G technology enables the whole concept of Industry 4.0, the fourth industrial revolution. Rather than wiring equipment on factory floors via ethernet cables, 5G ushers in flexibility by utilizing 5G technology to connect and operate equipment on the factory floor.
5G Systems Engineers will also notice that model based systems engineering (MBSE) concepts are moving into the design of 5G infrastructure after having been used in the areas of aeronautics, airplane design and automobiles.
This is occurring because 5G systems engineers need to have the same ability to model the system, not only from its highest levels, but all the way down into how you architect the SoC (system-on-chip).
This modeling is not just for hardware, but different software architectures as well.
5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp Course by Tonex
5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp is a 3-day training program designed for analysts, engineers, managers and technicians. 5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp will teach you how to plan, design, architect, implement, operate and maintain 5G networks and systems. You’ll learn the basics of the systems engineering approach and its relationship to 5G network and systems engineering as applied to commercial 5G networks, private 5G networks and government/municipals.
What You Will Learn
This course provides participants with the principles of applied systems engineering with a focus on 5G.
- The fundamentals of the 5G use cases, networks, systems and applications
- Systems engineering process, methods, tools to real world 5G engineering tasks
- Basic planning and design tradeoffs inherent with modern licensed and unlicensed systems
- Considerations when engineering a 5G system
- Strategies applicable to fielding 5G systems
Who Should Attend
5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp training course is designed for analysts, design engineers, managers, technicians, testers, and employees with little or no 5G experience. The course is also useful for those who have experience with 5G but have never had any formal training on the standard.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn about systems level issues related to developing 5G networks and systems.
- Work in a team to develop specifications for a 5G RAN and core network
- Learn about design choices inherent in 5G operations
- Become introduced to top-level 5G implementation strategies and issues
- Learn about 5G QoS, policy and security
- Overview of Wireless and Mobile Technologies
- Wireless Systems Engineering
- Applications of Mobile Networks
- Key 5G Concepts
- 5G Systems Engineering, 5G System and Network Architecture
- 5G RAN and Core
- 5G RF Engineering and 5G NR Design and Engineering
- 5G NSA and SA Deployment
- 5G Standalone and Non Standalone Architecture and Operation
- 5G Security Architecture, Cybersecurity and Hacking
- Overview of 5G and IoT
- 5G Operational Scenarios, 5G Service SLA, QoS and Policy
- 5G Mobility Architecture and Design
- 5G Integration with 4G LTE, Wi-Fi and SATCOM
5G Systems Engineering Bootcamp