Artificial Intelligence | Machine Learning (AI/ML)-Based Software as a Medical Device (SaMD)
Aided by 5G technology, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) -based medical device software hold a lot of promise.
Expectations include AI-based medical devices accomplishing things like:
- Automate tasks, synthesize data from multiple sources, and pinpoint trends
- Process and analyze information from wearable sensors and identify disease or the onset of medical conditions
- Predict which patients are at an increased risk for disease, complications, or negative outcomes based on their medical records
- Support research by evaluating large amounts of data and monitoring treatment efficacy
With advancing technology, medical device companies are developing AI medical devices that serve multiple functions such as those that can manage chronic disease.
Medical devices with artificial intelligence could monitor patients and deliver treatment or medication as needed. For example, diabetes patients could wear sensors to monitor their blood sugar levels and administer insulin to regulate them.
AI-based medical imaging devices are also being developed. Companies are producing medical devices with artificial intelligence to conduct medical imaging with better image quality and clarity. These devices would also reduce a patient’s exposure to radiation.
Additionally, companies are using the Internet of Things (IoT) in collaboration with medical devices with artificial intelligence to improve patient outcomes.
Machine Learning as well is particularly helpful in areas where the diagnostic information a doctor examines is already digitized, such as:
- Detecting lung cancer or strokes based on CT scans
- Assessing the risk of sudden cardiac death or other heart diseases based on electrocardiograms and cardiac MRI images
- Classifying skin lesions in skin images
- Finding indicators of diabetic retinopathy in eye images
Artificial Intelligence | Machine Learning (AI/ML)-Based Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Training Course by Tonex
Artificial Intelligence | Machine Learning (AI/ML)-Based Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) is a 3-day special training course covering Artificial intelligence (AI)- and machine learning (ML)-based technologies used to transform healthcare and medical industry including applications for earlier disease detection, more accurate diagnosis, identification of new observations or patterns on human physiology, and development of personalized diagnostics and therapeutics.
Artificial Intelligence | Machine Learning (AI/ML)-Based Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) Training