Length: 2 Days
Brainstorming Training Course Description
The brainstorming training course introduces you to the concepts, methods, and tactics of conventional and advanced brainstorming techniques. This course will teach you how to be creative on your own.
If you are a manager and asked to put talented people together in a team to come up with innovative solutions for an existing problem, or if you are an engineer and asked to come up with a creative design for a certain product, or if you are a scientist who needs an innovative method to study a topic, you need to know the fundamentals of creative thinking and you have to know the principals of brainstorming. This one-day training course will help you learn how to plan and assist an effective brainstorming. It also will teach you how to prioritize the generated ideas, select the best ones, and implement them.
During the brainstorming training course will teach you the fundamentals and methods of brainstorming and effective thinking. This seminar will help you understand the thought process of others and get the best ideas out of the brainstorming sessions. As someone who might lead brainstorming sessions, you can benefit from this seminar, as we will cover the tactics to organize and optimize such sessions, direct them successfully, evaluate the outcome, and implement the selected ideas.
The brainstorming training is a 2-day course designed for:
- Leaders, executives, managers, and supervisors
- Innovation professionals
- Marketing personnel
- Engineers, scientists, and R&D personnel
- Problem solvers who have a good, talented team working for them to resolve the issues of a company
Upon the completion of this training course, the attendees are able to:
- Understand and discuss the concepts of problem solving and brainstorming
- Organize and filter topics for brainstorming sessions
- Conduct effective and results-generating brainstorming sessions
- Use proper and relative methods and tools for brainstorming
- Summarize the brainstorming output for evaluation and implementation
- Use brainstorming and idea-generation methods
- Follow an advanced brainstorming process
- Direct as a confident leader when topics are more challenging
Introduction and Overview
- Brainstorming definition
- History and background of brainstorming
- Risks of brainstorming
- Divergent and convergent thinking definitions
- Different methods for problem-solving
- How to brainstorm anyways
- What are the rules of brainstorming?
- Concepts and elements of brainstorming
- How to get ready to run a brainstorm session?
- Clarifying your focus topic
- Organizing your team
- How to conduct a brainstorm session
- What has changed in the advanced technique?
- Problems with the conventional method
- Advanced brainstorming is a better brainstorming
- How to brainstorm alone?
- Times you need to brainstorm on your own
- How to use advanced brainstorming to brainstorm by yourself
- Bring new people in
Creative Thinking Techniques
- Definition of creativity
- Definition of creative thinking
- How do these techniques work?
- How can creative thinking generate new ideas?
- How to use creative thinking in brainstorming sessions
- Advanced tools of creative thinking
- Computer-based methods
- Manual methods
- Create creative environment
How to Solve Problems With Brainstorming?
- How to help killing or generating an idea
- People-related challenges of brainstorming sessions
- People not giving up their restrictions
- Repeating ideas over and over
- People feeling uncomfortable and awkward
- People struggling to generate new ideas
- Uncomfortable silence
- When some people never contribute
How to Handle Bad Brainstorming On A Personal Level
- How to express your ideas in an uncomfortable brainstorming session?
Hints to Specific Roles of Brainstorming Sessions
- Tips for directors
- Tips for mid-managers
- Tips for workers and beginners
How To Evaluate The Results
- Prepare ideas for evaluation
- Implement the selected ideas