Digital Engineering Fundamentals for Programmatic and Technical Leadership
Digital Engineering Fundamentals for Programmatic and Technical Leadership is a 1-day training program for technical leaders.
Digital Engineering Fundamentals for Programmatic and Technical Leadership, Online; A broad survey course to provide the fundamental concepts of Digital Engineering (DEng) method delivered virtually.
Digital Engineering (DEng) s the advanced computerization of systems engineering and program acquisitions practices. Digital engineering enables organizations and government agencies to create complex, latticed systems of products, services, and capabilities more quickly and effectively from within a digital ecosystem.
Participants will learn about the holistic approach to analytics underpins dynamic system and system of systems (SoS) modeling, simulation, and analysis.
Government programmatic, functional and technical leadership reviewing, approving, and using technical data to make program, technical, and sustainment decisions. These leaders include division chiefs, project managers, program directors, technical directors, lead system engineers, chief engineers, etc.
Functional leads can include system engineering, chief engineering, test and execution, quality, mission assurance, logistics, safety, and all other disciplines over the system engineering lifecycle. The engineering environment belongs to the program manager; the performance of the actual tasks maybe delegated to the program systems engineer and other program staff as appropriate.
To expose and level-set participants to important DEng concepts,including formalizing the development, integration and use of models to inform enterprise and program decision making, incorporating technological innovation, supporting infrastructure and environments to perform activities, collaborate, and communicate across stakeholders, and adopting and supporting a digital engineering culture and workforce across the lifecycle.
- Overview of Digital Evolution
- Digital Engineering Principles
- Disruption to the Traditional Practices
- Supporting Infrastructure and Environments to Perform activities, Collaborate, and Communicate Across Stakeholders
- Transform the culture and workforce to adopt and support digital engineering across the lifecycle
- Overview of Technological Innovation to Improve the Digital Engineering Practice
- Digital Engineering Methods, Processes, and Tools
- Acquisition Practices, Requirements, and Contracted Activities
- Requirements, Acquisition, Test, Cost, Sustainment, and Intelligence
- Development, Integration and Use of Modeling and Simulation