Fundamentals of Compressor Stations – Architecture, Operations and Safety
Fundamentals of Compressor Stations – Architecture, Operations and Safety is a 2-day course that covers the basics Compressor Stations technology overview, compressor system architecture, operations and safety.
The fundamentals of natural gas processing training course is ideal for technical, operations and maintenance personnel.
Upon completion of the Fundamentals of Compressor Stations – Architecture, Operations and Safety training course, the attendees will:
- Understand the basics of Compressor Stations
- Describe the major and common parts of compressor stations.
- Understand technical process drawings.
- Discuss architecture and components of compressor stations.
- Learn about tools, methods, and techniques in compressor stations operations.
- Explore compressor stations audit, troubleshooting and safety procedures
Introduction to Compressor Stations
- Compressor stations and natural gas pipeline network
- Compressor station architecture
- Compressor station components and operation
- Methods to maintain the flow and pressure of natural gas
- Re-pressurizing and the pipeline system
Components of a Compressor Station
- Inside compressor building
- Compression station yard
- Station Yard Piping
- Filter Separators/Scrubbers
- Compressor Units
- Gas Cooling System
- Lube Oil System
- Mufflers (Exhaust Silencers)
- Backup Generators
Compressor Stations Operation, Maintenance and Safety
- Safety considerations
- Permitting and regulatory framework
- Inspections on compressor stations for weatherization
- Emergency shutdown valves
- Material and design specifications
- On-site inspections
- Review of maintenance and safety procedures
- Site considerations
- Sound Emissions
- Air quality
- Soil mitigation and site restoration
- Building design
- Site location
- Municipal and zoning considerations