Introduction to DoD Instruction 5000.02 “Operation of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework” Training by Tonex
This comprehensive training course is designed to provide participants with a deep understanding of the DoD Instruction 5000.02, focusing on the operation of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework (AAF). The course covers the key principles, methodologies, and processes essential for effective defense acquisition in line with the AAF, enabling professionals to navigate the complexities of modern defense procurement successfully.
Learning Objectives: Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the foundational concepts and principles of the DoD Instruction 5000.02.
- Comprehend the purpose and key components of the Adaptive Acquisition Framework.
- Analyze the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders in the acquisition process.
- Apply the AAF to optimize acquisition strategies and timelines.
- Evaluate risk management strategies within the context of defense acquisition.
- Navigate the regulatory and compliance requirements associated with the AAF.
Audience: This course is tailored for professionals and decision-makers within the defense and government contracting industry, including:
- Acquisition Managers
- Project Managers
- Contracting Officers
- Program Analysts
- Engineers and Technical Staff
- Government Officials
- Defense Industry Consultants
Introduction to DoD Instruction 5000.02
- Overview of Defense Acquisition
- Historical Context of DoD Instruction 5000.02
- Significance of Adaptive Acquisition Framework
- Objectives and Goals of the Course
- Key Terminology and Definitions
- Regulatory and Policy Landscape
The Adaptive Acquisition Framework (AAF) Explained
- Understanding the AAF Core Elements
- AAF Phases and Milestones
- Key Principles of the AAF
- Role of Tailored Acquisition Strategies
- Flexibility and Responsiveness in AAF
- Case Studies on AAF Implementation
Stakeholder Roles and Responsibilities
- Government vs. Industry Roles
- Program Management in the AAF
- Contracting Officer’s Role
- Technical Experts and Engineering Support
- Decision Authorities and Boards
- Integration of Stakeholder Efforts
Optimizing Acquisition Strategies
- Tailoring Acquisition Programs
- Balancing Cost, Schedule, and Performance
- Agile and Incremental Development
- Market Research and Industry Engagement
- Requirements Definition and Refinement
- Performance Metrics and Management
Risk Management in the AAF
- Identifying Acquisition Risks
- Mitigation Strategies and Contingency Planning
- Risk Assessment Framework
- Monitoring and Controlling Risks
- Continuous Improvement and Adaptation
- Lessons Learned and Best Practices
Compliance and Regulatory Considerations
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) in the AAF
- Export Control and ITAR/EAR Compliance
- Intellectual Property Rights and Data Management
- Cybersecurity and Supply Chain Security
- Ethical and Legal Considerations
- Audit and Compliance Reporting
This course equips participants with the knowledge and tools necessary to operate within the DoD’s Adaptive Acquisition Framework, fostering efficiency, adaptability, and compliance in defense acquisition processes.