Introduction to Electronics
Electronics is the branch of physics and technology that deals with circuits, transistors, microchips, and the behavior and movement of electrons.
Electronics features electric circuits containing active and passive elements and uses underlying techniques. It is an important part of engineering.
Without question, electronics in all its permutations is ingrained into modern society. Electronic devices have become an important part of our day-to-day life. It has become difficult for us to do work without using electronic devices.
We live in a generation that uses electronics and technologies where robots and artificial intelligence are capable of doing human work with more ease and efficiency.
The thing about electronics that tends to mesmerize people attracted to this field is the manner in which electronics continues to evolve.
There is probably no area of technology evolving faster than electronics.
One area of electronics that is of special interest to analysts and organizations alike is organic electronics.
According to an analysis by Emergen Research, the global organic electronics market size was $55.18 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach $178.25 billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period, 2021-2028.
Analysts report that increasing focus on production of environmentally sustainable and cost-effective semiconductors, rising demand for consumer electronics, and growing need to integrate advanced and novel functionalities in electronic products are some key factors driving market growth.
An important concept to understand in electronics is the PCB (printed circuit board) fabrication process.
PCB fabrication is the process or procedure that transforms a circuit board design into a physical structure based upon the specifications provided in the design package.
Introduction to Electronics Course by Tonex
Introduction to Electronics is a 5-day training focusing on analysis and applications of common electronic components, their functions and applications in modern systems.
Participants will learn about electronic circuit design, analog and digital circuits and components, circuit design, soldering, wiring, PCB, PCB layout design, PCB fabrication, simulation software and organic electronics design. Participants will learn about high-tech products and systems enabled by modern electronics.
Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication is the assembly method for circuit boards used in electronic, computer devices and modern systems. The layers of the board are put together along with the specific surface pattern so it can be used in electronics manufacturing
- Electronic components
- Arduino breadboard
- Digital Multimeter
- Multimeter basic electronics
- Battery Holders
- Test Leads
- Alligator Clips
- Wire Cutter
- Heat Gun
- Jumper Wire
- Soldering Iron
- Electronic Components
- Switches basic electronics
- Variable Resistor (Potentiometer)
- Potentiometer basic electronics
- Light-Dependent Resistor (LDR)
- Capacitor basic electronics
- Light-Emitting Diode (LED)
- Integrated Circuit (IC)
- Schematic Diagram
- Schematic Diagram for LED Circuit
- Electronic symbols
- Using Ohm’s law
Working with Electronics – Project Based
- Building a Simple Electronic Circuit Board
- Systems of Units
- DC vs. AC
- Charge and Current
- Power and Energy
- Circuit Elements
- Applying Basic Laws
- Methods of Analysis
- Circuit Theorems
- Operational Amplifiers
- Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Capacitors and Inductors
- First-Order Circuits
- Delay Circuits
- Second-Order Circuits
- Automobile Ignition System
- Aircraft Electronics
- Smoothing Circuits
- Sinusoids and Phasors 369
- AC Bridges
- Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis
- AC Power Analysis
- Power Measurement
- Three-Phase Circuits
- Magnetically Coupled Circuits
- Frequency Response
- Bandpass Filter
- Advanced Circuit Analysis
- The Fourier Series
- Fourier Transform
- Analog and Digital Modulation
- Simultaneous Equations and Matrix Inversion
- Complex Numbers
- Mathematical Formulas
Overview of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
- Backbone of all major electronics
- Copper pathways
- PCB design
- PCB Manufacturing Process Steps
- Design and Output
- Circuit boards
- PCB production
- Design formats
- From File to Film
- PCB printing
- PCB black ink
- Printing the Inner layers
- PCB Construction
- Removing the Unwanted Copper
- Layer Alignment and Optical Inspection
- Layer-up and Bond
- Plating and Copper Deposition
- Final Etching
- Solder Mask Application
- Surface Finish
- Electrical Test
- Profiling and V-Scoring
Project: o Make Your Own Printed Circuit Boards (PCB)
- What are the different ways to make a Circuit Board?
- Iron on Glossy paper method.
- Circuit by hand on PCB.
- Laser cutting edge etching.
- PCB Design
- Designing a Circuit Schematic in Autodesk Eagle
- Take a printout of circuit board layout
- Cut the Copper Plate for the Circuit Board
- Transfer the PCB Print onto the Copper Plate
- Iron on Glossy Paper Method (For Complex Circuits)
- Circuit by Hand on PCB (For Simple and Small Circuits)
- Iron the Circuit from the Paper onto the PCB Plate
- Etch the Plate
- Cleaning, Disposal, and the Final Touches for the Circuit Board
Project: Classroom Elective Projects (Arduino)
The effective learning of electronics must involve practical experience in circuit analysis, design, and building. Participants can select any of these projects to build from A-Z.
Classroom Arduino Projects
- Joystick-Controlled Industrial Automation System
- Smart GPS Tracker Using Arduino
- Flash LEDs Using Arduino
- Arduino-Based Wireless Frequency Meter
- Contactless Smart IR Thermometer using Arduino and Android
- Arduino Based Digital Thermometer using MAX30205 Human Body Temperature Sensor
- IR Remote Decoder using Arduino
- Fingerprint based Car Ignition System using Arduino and RFID
- Cough Detection System using Arduino 33 BLE Sense and Edge Impulse
- Simple Ultrasonic Acoustic Levitation using Arduino and HCSR04 Ultrasonic Sensor
- Safety Device with GPS Tracking and Alerts Using Arduino
- RFID based Contactless Body Temperature Screening using Arduino and MLX90614 IR Temperature Sensor