Course Number: 590
Length: 1 Day
IPv6 for Managers is a fundamental IPv6 training course covering Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) for non-technical professionals and managers.
IPv6 for managers, is an insightful and revealing high-level training course has been designed to focus broadly on all the IPv6 key topics and things IT and networking managers need to know before and after migration to IPv6.
IPv6 Training Course for Managers – 101 provides a high level tour of all the new features and functions in IPv6. It covers everything you need to know to get started.
The new IPv6 protocols offers extended address space, scalability, improved support for security, real-time traffic support, and auto-configuration so that even a novice user can connect a machine to the Internet. Aimed at system and network administrators, engineers, network designers, and IT managers, this course will help you understand and plan for IPv6 into your current IPv4 infrastructure.
Beginning with a short history of IPv6, the course provides an overview of new functionality and addresses why we need IPv6.
Who Should Attend
IPv6 Training Course for Managers - IPv6 101 is designed for Managers, Sales, Marketing, Technical or Non-Technical Professionals, Service Provider level orEnterpriselevel, and Government AgenciesSales and Technical Marketing professionals who need to understand the fundamentals of IPv6Network Design Engineers , Network Administrators, Operations professionals or anyone else who provide IPv6 network, design, configuration, troubleshooting and support services
ObjectivesUpon completion of this 1-day program, the attendees will understand:
- What IPv6 Protocol is
- How does it improve IPv4?
- What does IPv6 addressing look like and how is it used?
- What IPv6 Routing protocols are
- What the new IPv6 security and QoS features are
- What IPv6 configuration, maintenance and operation issues are
- How does IPv6 implementation and migration plans are?
- What IPv6 migration strategies are
- What lessons are learned from current migration case studies
- What hings IT managers need to know before migrating to IPv6
- IPv6 Introduction
- IPv6 Versus IPv4
- The Need for IPv6
- The Features of IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 Functionality
- The Structure of the IPv6 Protocol
- IPv6 Addressing
- IPv6 Address Management
- IPv6 Host Configuration
- IPv6 Routing
- Security in IPv6
- Mitigating IPv6 Security Threats
- Using IPsec in IPv6
- Access Control Lists in IPv6
- Quality of Service in IPv6
- Mobile IPv6
- IPv6 Policies and Procedures
- IPv6 Applications and Network Migration Strategies and Plans
- IPv4 to IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Autoconfiguration of IPv6
- Internetworking IPv6
- IPv6 Dynamic Routing
- Interfacing IPv6 to the Lower Layers
- Transport Layer and IPv6
- DNS and IPv6
- Application Changes for IPv6
- The IPv6 Programming Interface
- IPv6 Network Management
- Migrating to IPv6
- IPv6 Transition Mechanisms I
- IPv6 Transition Mechanisms II
- Interoperability Issues in IPv6
- IPv6 Implementations and Migration Case Studies