Fundamentals of Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT)
Fundamentals of Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) is a comprehensive 2-day course that provides the underpinning MASINT knowledge and practical skills necessary to work with intelligence and MASINT analytics.
The participants will learn the theory and practical aspects of MASINT operations, applications and technologies. Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) is the analyzed information collected by different sensors and it important in detecting, tracking and identifying targets to determine where they’ve come from, and more importantly, where they’re going.
MASINT works by using sensors to identify the distinctive characteristic of either a fixed or moving targets:
- Radio Frequencies;
- Nuclear Radiation;
- Electro-optical sensors;
- and more.
Participants will also learn how Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT) scientific and technical intelligence information can be obtained by quantitative and qualitative analysis of data (metric, angle, spatial, wavelength, time dependence, modulation, plasma, and hydromagnetic) derived from specific technical sensors for the purpose of identifying any distinctive features associated with the source, emitter, or sender and to facilitate subsequent identification and/or measurement of the same.
MASINT 101 (Measurement and Signature Intelligence)
- Foundation of MASINT intelligence discipline
- Why is MASINT important?
- What are MASINT strengths?
- What does MASINT Include?
- Radar Intelligence (RADINT)
- Acoustic Intelligence (ACOUSTINT)
- Nuclear Intelligence (NUCINT)
- Radio Frequency/Electromagnetic Pulse Intelligence (RF/EMPINT)
- Electro-optical Intelligence (ELECTRO-OPTINT)
- Laser Intelligence (LASINT)
- Materials Intelligence
- Unintentional Radiation Intelligence (RINT)
- Chemical and Biological Intelligence (CBINT)
- Directed Energy Weapons Intelligence (DEWINT)
- Effluent/Debris Collection
- Spectroscopic Intelligence
- Infrared Intelligence (IRINT)
MASINT Intelligence Signature and Profiles
- Thermal Infrared (JR) Heat Imaging
- Near IR Imaging
- Acoustic Signatures
- Seismic Data
- Imaging Radar Data
- Laser Imaging and Detection
- Dimension and Feature Profiling
MASINT Collection, Processing and Analysis
- Collected samples
- Air, water, or solid material from a target location
- Sample analyzing for isotopic, chemical or biological signatures
- Nuclear materials
- Materials collection and analysis
- Processing analysis
- Ceramics, composites, organics, metallic materials, smart materials,
and special materials for armor, weapon, and vehicle applications
- Energy, clinical or biomedical applications
- Material agents and confirmatory analysis
- Nuclear MASINT
- Active or passive detection, collection, and measurement of gamma rays, neutrons, x-rays, or other radiation phenomena from nuclear sources
- Geophysical MASINT
- Collection, processing, and exploitation of disturbances that affect the ionosphere, oceans and firmament of the Earth
- Pressure waves
- Magnetic and fields
- Ionospheric and gravitational perturbations
- Vehicle, ship. submarine, aircraft, underground facilities and construction activity
Radar and RF MASINT
- EO/IR MASINT