Security Testing and Evaluation: Ensuring System Resilience Course by Tonex
The Security Testing and Evaluation Course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and practical skills to conduct effective security testing and evaluation of systems, applications, and networks. This course covers a wide range of testing methodologies, tools, and techniques used to identify vulnerabilities and weaknesses in order to improve system resilience. Participants will gain hands-on experience with various testing approaches and learn how to interpret and remediate security testing findings.
- Security professionals
- Quality assurance engineers
- Penetration testers
- Network administrators
- System administrators
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and importance of security testing and evaluation.
- Identify different types of security testing and their purposes.
- Apply various security testing methodologies and techniques.
- Utilize security testing tools effectively.
- Interpret and analyze security testing results.
- Develop remediation strategies for identified vulnerabilities.
- Establish a robust security testing and evaluation process.
Module 1: Introduction to Security Testing and Evaluation
- Importance of security testing in the software development lifecycle
- Common security testing goals and objectives
- Overview of security testing methodologies
Module 2: Threat Modeling and Test Planning
- Understanding threat models and attack vectors
- Defining test objectives and scope
- Test planning and preparation
Module 3: Static Application Security Testing (SAST)
- Overview of static analysis techniques
- Using SAST tools and frameworks
- Analyzing and interpreting SAST results
Module 4: Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST)
- Principles of dynamic testing
- Setting up and configuring DAST tools
- Analyzing and interpreting DAST results
Module 5: Network Security Testing
- Conducting network vulnerability assessments
- Network scanning and enumeration techniques
- Analyzing network testing findings
Module 6: Web Application Security Testing
- Testing for common web application vulnerabilities
- Cross-site scripting (XSS), SQL injection, and other web attacks
- Web application vulnerability scanners and tools
Module 7: Penetration Testing
- Introduction to penetration testing methodologies
- Performing network and system penetration tests
- Reporting and remediating vulnerabilities
Module 8: Security Testing Automation and Tools
- Automation frameworks for security testing
- Exploring popular security testing tools
- Integrating security testing into the development process