Software Safety Course for Managers
Software Safety Course for Managers is a 2-day training course designed to provide managers, engineers and technical professionals with a firm grounding in the software safety essential and software safety project management skills necessary to lead and produce safe software products that meet customer safety requirements.
Software engineering skills involving software design, safety and reliability considerations, testing, and implementation are vital to software development. However, effective management of the full software safety, from conception to deployment, remains the most critical factor influencing the success of safe software projects.
Software safety requires special attention in planning, architecture, design and test. Participants will learn philosophies and methods of developing and analyzing software and highlights managing a software safety program. Software design principles are discussed to create programs that are fault tolerant and acceptably safe. Software hazard analyses methods will be discussed and evaluated though case studies. High level software safety methods are disused including Software Fault Tree Analysis (SFTA), Soft Tree, Software FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Software FMECA (Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis), Software Sneak Analysis and Petri Nets.
Participants will obtain practical knowledge with methodology, processes and techniques used in the industry to ensure software safety.
Software Safety Benefits
- Experience with software safety methodologies, processes and tools used in the industry
- Developed and taught by industry professionals
- Practical knowledge to complement professional experience
- Immediate applicable skills
Who Should Attend?
Managers and engineers, system safety analysts, and software engineers who are involved with planning, developing and managing systems and software.
- Safety practices for software projects
- Software safety and project management tools and techniques
- Software hazards, root causes, and the methods
- Analysis of software safety requirements and design
- Software safety testing and delivering stages, metrics and other estimates
- Application of architectural techniques to real world software safety challenges
- Modeling, simulation and administrative methods and documentation to manage a software safety program
- Overview of Key Software Engineering Processes
- Software Engineering Life Cycle
- Software Requirements
- Overview of Software Safety
- Software Safety Definitions and Concepts
- Software Safety Life Cycle
- Software Safety Project Management
- Software Safety Design Requirements
- Software Safety References: Overview of DO-178B/C
- Case Study: MIL-STD-882E
- Software Safety Risk Assessment and Management using RMF (Risk Management Framework)
- Software Safety Hazard Analysis
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Overview of Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Software FTA
- Software FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Software FMECA (Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis)
- Software Sneak Analysis
- Petri Nets
- Formal Methods
- Software Safety Verification and Validation
- Software Safety Reliability/Maintenance
- Software Safety Cheat sheet and Checklist