Software Safety Programming and Software Coding Standards
Software Safety Programming and Software Coding Standards is a 2-day advanced workshop for software engineers, programmers, developers, project managers, analysts and anyone else interested in software coding standards to defects to building more robust software through automation.
Participants in Software Safety Programming and Software Coding Standards Workshop will learn:
- How to prevent software safety problems with proper coding
- How to use commonly accepted industry standards such as MISRA C, MISRA C++, and CERN C++ guidelines to achieve software safety goals
- Safety-critical software coding and common vulnerabilities guide for C, C++, Java, Ada, etc. programming and coding
- Coding standards and good software engineering practices
- How to fix software defects early
- How to move from the “build, fail, fix” cycle to a “design, build, deliver” cycle with high quality, safety, and security
Who Should Attend?
Software engineers, safety analysts, software developers, programmers and anyone else interested in software coding standards to defects to building more robust software through automation.
- Software safety for software programmers and engineers
- Software safety tools and techniques
- Software coding hazards, root causes, and the methods
- Analysis of software safety coding requirements and design
- Software safety modeling
- Proven programming practices that lead to safe, reliable, testable, and maintainable code.
- Critical programming issues with potential insecure or unsafe concepts
- Safety Critical Applications
- Overview of Key Software Safety Programming
- Software Safety Life Cycle
- Coding Safety Definitions and Concepts
- Software Safety Design Requirements
- Coding Standards Improve Safety and Security
- Software Coding Safety Industry Standards
- MISRA C/C++ Developed by the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association
- C or C++ language guidelines to improve the safety and security of the application
- SEI/CERT: Software Engineering Institute (SEI)/Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- CWE IDs and includes risk metadata.
- Joint Strike Fighter Air Vehicle C++ Coding Standard (JSF AV): A standard based on a subset of MISRA C specifically for the JSF program.
- CWE – Common Weakness Enumeration Top 25
- Case Study: MISRA C and MISRA C++
- Overview of Software Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Static analysis tools for C and C++, Java, and C# and VB.NET
- Software Safety in Agile and DevOps
- Software Safety Programming and Coding Cheat Sheet and Checklist