Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare (EW) Workshop
Tactical Battlefield Communications Electronic Warfare (EW) Workshop is a 2-day hands-on training program that focuses on the practical aspects of electronic warfare against enemy communications signals. The workshop is designed for new EW professionals, specialists in some part of EW, specialists in technical areas peripheral to EW, and managers who are responsible for the efforts of EW engineers and technicians. All the participants will receive their own HackRF and antennas.
Workshop Topics Include:
- Signal Intelligence (SIGIINT) 101
- Electronic Warfare (EW) 101
- Fundamentals of traditional and modern radar systems
- Analysis of radio propagation related to HF, VHF, UHF, EHF, mmWaves, low-microwave communication and communication satellite propagation.
- Analysis of ELINT and including signal processing, modulations, compression, and low probability-of-intercept modulations and error correction codes.
- Traditional and modern antennas used in communication and communication EW.
- Analysis of receivers to intercept of communication signals.
- Calculation of sensitivity and dynamic range in communication receivers.
- Techniques for search for fixed frequency and low probability of intercept communication signals.
- Analysis of location of hostile communication transmitters, expected accuracy, and other performance and implementation issues,
- Intercept of communication signals 101 including search and probability of intercept are discussed for the various types of signals.
Hands-on Activities include:
- Working with spectrum analyzers to distinguish different forms of SIGINT and ELINT
- Construction of your own antennas
- Working with HackRF and jamming