Length: 4 Days
Technology and Engineering Management Certificate
Technology and engineering management is a specialized form of management that focuses on the application of engineering principles to business practice.
This amalgam of diverse disciplines melds a career that brings together the technological problem-solving savvy of engineering and the organizational, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee complex enterprises from conception to completion.
Successful technology and engineering managers typically require training and experience in business and engineering. These jobs are generally found in product development, manufacturing, construction, design engineering, industrial engineering, technology, production, or any other field that employs personnel who perform an engineering function.
As a career route that straddles the fields of business and engineering, technology and engineering management blends engineering’s technical and problem-solving savvy with the administrative planning of business management.
Those studying to become engineering managers learn how to effectively utilize technical, financial, and human resources. They also hone their conceptual skills such as critical thinking, analytical thinking, and problem-solving.
This is a position of leadership, often appreciated by engineers, as it helps to bring projects to completion, on time and within budget.
Many of the necessary management skills may not come naturally to engineers, however, once they are learned, they can be applied to a range of industries, even supervising cross-disciplinary teams globally.
Effective management is about understanding the needs of the project, and your team. Therefore, success in this area comes through harnessing soft skills, as well as a technical ability.
Technology and Engineering Management Certificate Course by Tonex
Technology and Engineering Management Certificate provides understanding of the various processes involved to manage technology and engineering projects effectively. Technology and Engineering Management Certificate will enhance the ability to manage project baselines, planning, analysis, defining scope, design, reliability, safety, security, development, testing, operations, technological problem-solving, organizational, administrative, and planning abilities of management, schedule, resources, budget and other technology and engineering constraints concept in order to oversee the operational performance of complex engineering driven enterprises.
Participants will learn how to solve complex technology and engineering management problems, mastering array of strategies, managing risks, and more.
Technology and Engineering Management certificate provides skillsets required for management with strong decision-making and leadership skills.
Technology and engineering personnel and managers will gain technical application and tools such as: systems engineering, system development, Critical Path Method (CPM), Earned Value Analysis (EVA), Quality Control Charts, Risk Assessment Matrix, Expected Monetary Value (EMV), Communication Channels, and Stakeholder Mapping.
Who Should Attend
Technology and Engineering Management Certificate is designed for engineers, systems engineers, project managers, professionals preparing to transition into a new career in technology and engineering management, analysts working with technology, project managers and project teams, technical team leaders, and other managers.
What You Will Learn
- Technical understanding of the process of managing complex technology and engineering projects effectively
- Tools to manage project baselines, scope, schedule, and budget
- Tools to manage product technology and engineering development baselines, analysis, design, implementation, testing, operations and maintenance
- Financial analysis, strategy, and building dynamic, cohesive teams
- The ability to analyze technology, engineering and project data and performance measures to improve product quality, reliability, safety and cybersecurity
- How to tailor projects accordingly to select the best technology, engineering and project management methodology
- Fine-tune your interdisciplinary technology, engineering and project management skills to build a product that meets the customer needs.
- Improve your skills in managing technology and engineering projects, meeting deadlines, reducing risk, improving safety, enhancing reliability, adhering to budget requirements and regulation compliance,
Increase your productivity and your team’s to gain a competitive edge in your industry.
- Recognize real-world constraints and the dynamics in a technology and engineering project environment.
Certificate Topic Requirements
- Decision Making
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Product Development
- Leading Engineering Teams
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Financial Analysis, Reporting and Investment
- Business Model Analysis and Negotiation
- Systems Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Systems Engineering
- Fundamentals of Systems Architecture
- Human Systems Integration
- Problem Solving
- Root Cause Analysis
- Reliability Engineering
- Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Model-Based Engineering Fundamentals
- Modeling and Simulation
- Data Analytics, AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain and Probability Theory
Final Certificate Capstone Project Review and Assessment
In order to assess your knowledge and gained skills of the diverse multi-disciplinary components of Technology and Engineering Management Certificate, as well as their attainment of the program goals, you need to demonstrate mastery of key domains. For this purpose, you will complete a technology and engineering business case simulation in a group 1 week after the training.
Technology and Engineering Management Certificate