Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Training
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) training is designed by TONEX in order to help you in developing and implementing of regulatory compliance programs for protection, reliability, physical and cybersecurity of Bulk Electric Systems (BES).
If an attack occurs in critical infrastructure power grid, power grid can face with serious threats. Based on recent research, the U.S power grid faces physical or online attacks once every four days. This threat is not limited to U.S as hackers recently targeted Ukraine’s power grid which caused power outages to the country.
To protect the power grids from these kinds of threats, North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) has recently developed version 5 of critical infrastructure protection (CIP) for BES power grid. The NERC CIP Version 5 strictly mandates utilities to meet new cybersecurity protection requirements and ensure the compliancy of organizations before April 1, 2016.
TONEX is a leader in training and consulting industry with more than 15 years of experience in providing seminars, workshops and hands on training on cybersecurity is offering a comprehensive training on Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC.
This course covers a variety of topics in CIP of cyber systems such as: introduction to CIP, threat assessment and vulnerability assessment in CIP, review of NERC CIP program, bulk electric system cyber system categorization, security management control, cybersecurity awareness, asset identification, access control and monitoring, system security management, incident response and CIP audit/compliance program.
Out instructors at TONEX are professionals in cybersecurity area with a lot of experience in teaching and consulting in industry and academia are pleased to help you understand every single step in implementing NERC standard for CIP.
Due to the complex nature of power grid networks, as well as application of next generation firewalls (NGFW) and cloud on legacy devices and platforms, it is critical to mitigate security challenges in BES. Therefore, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC training by TONEX will help you to categorize and impact rate cyber assets in your BES as well as visualizing tools for continuous monitoring of BES cybersecurity.
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC training will help you to understand the structural changes and implementation plans for modified format of CIP, asset identification, cyber asset categories, bright line criteria, impact level determination and asset categorization.
Learn about the physical security of CIP, incident response, CIP remote access control assessment, risk identification related to remote access related threats, vulnerability assessment and mitigation control for vulnerabilities through Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC training.
This course also includes hands on, workshops and simulation case studies of critical infrastructure protection in order to give you a clear idea about protection of your organization and prepare you to tackle the real-world security problems based on NERC standards.
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC training is a 2-day course designed for:
- IT and ICS cybersecurity personnel
- Field support personnel and security operators
- Auditors, vendors and team leaders
- All individuals who need to understand the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC concepts
- Electric utility engineers working in electric industry security
- System personnel worried about NERC standard for system security
- System operators and individuals in electric utility organizations
- Independent system operator personnel working with utility companies
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career involved with Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC standards.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at electric utility companies.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in electric industry considering security standards.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of electric industry.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC Training (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Introduction to CIP
- Threat Assessment and Vulnerability Assessment
- Review of NERC CIP Program
- Bulk Electric System (BES) Cyber System Categorization
- Security Management Control
- Cybersecurity Awareness
- Asset Identification
- Access Control and Monitoring
- System Security Management
- Incident Response
- CIP Audit and Compliance Program
- Hands On, Workshops and Group Activities
- Sample Workshops and Labs for Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC Training
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) NERC Training