Energy Storage Training Classes
Energy Storage Training Classes: Energy storage is the capture of energy produced at one time for use at a later time.
Energy comes in multiple forms including radiation, chemical, gravitational potential, electrical potential, electricity, elevated temperature, latent heat and kinetic. Energy storage involves converting energy from forms that are difficult to store to more conveniently or economically storable forms.
According to market research firm IHS, the global energy storage market is growing exponentially to an annual installation size of 6 gigawatts (GW) in 2017 and over 40 GW by 2022 — from an initial base of only 0.34 GW installed in 2012 and 2013.
Common examples of energy storage are the rechargeable battery, which stores chemical energy readily convertible to electricity to operate a mobile phone, the hydroelectric dam, which stores energy in a reservoir as gravitational potential energy.
But there many more important storage modalities. Flywheels, for example, can provide a variety of benefits to the grid at either the transmission or distribution level, by storing electricity in the form of a spinning mass.
The device is shaped like a cylinder and contains a large rotor inside a vacuum. When the flywheel draws power from the grid, the rotor accelerates to very high speeds, storing the electricity as rotational energy. To discharge the stored energy, the rotor switches to generation mode, slows down and runs on inertial energy, thus returning electricity to the grid.
Flywheels typically have long lifetimes and require little maintenance. The devices also have high efficiencies and rapid response times.
Energy storage benefits include:
- Demand Charge Reduction — Energy storage systems, especially those paired with intelligent software, can track a facility’s load and reduce demand charges by dispatching battery power during periods of peak demand, effectively “flattening” the load.
- Demand Response Programs — Energy storage can enable participation in demand response (DR) markets without impacting on-site energy use or operations. By responding to utility price signals, storage systems can increase financial return from participating in DR programs, while also benefiting the grid overall.
- Maximizing Time-Of-Use Rates — This reduces the risk of lowering the value of on-site solar if tariff structures change over time, and peak demand periods shift to the evening when the sun isn’t shining. This also allows facilities to make the most of time-of-use pricing and reduce tariff structure change risk to electricity cost.
- Emergency Backup – Planning for emergency backup power is an essential part of a resilience plan. With greater concern over cybersecurity and with the increase in natural disasters, emergency backup power is more critical than ever.
- Environmental Benefits — By improving the overall efficiency of the power grid, storage accelerates the broader adoption of renewable energy. On a more local level, an energy storage system has no emissions, so it can be placed anywhere in a facility with no immediate environmental or air quality impacts.
Energy Storage Training Classes
Tonex offers Energy Storage Training, a 3-day course that teaches you the basics of energy storage, future potential of energy storage, and different applications of energy storage in the modern world.
Who Should Attend
- All professionals in the area of energy storage systems
- Non-engineers looking to understand new approaches of storing energy
- Individuals who are looking for technical training of energy storage systems
- Project managers, quality managers, business managers and directors looking for a comprehensive training in energy storage application and operation
- Energy storage producers who look for alternatives to improve their energy storage design and efficiency
- Executives and managers who are looking to invest in energy storage area
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in energy storage industry
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on energy storage projects
–Reasonably priced classes taught by the best trainers is the reason all kinds of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to government’s most important agencies return for updates in courses and hands-on workshops.
–Course agenda can be tailored to fit the needs of your organization.
–Ratings tabulated from student feedback post-course evaluations show an amazing 98 percent satisfaction score.
For more information, questions, comments, Contact us.