Fundamentals Of Synchronous Machines Training By TONEX
The fundamentals of synchronous machines training course will teach you the fundamental operation and modeling of synchronous machines as one of the most interesting types of AC machines.
This course will briefly introduce the topics related to magnetic circuit theory and moves to the advanced materials related to synchronous machines, mathematical models and derivations, application, parameter calculations and finally principles of synchronous generators and synchronous motors.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the the necessary information related to magnetic materials such as: inductance, reluctance, energy concepts, permanent magnets and AC induction. The audience will be introduced with the introduction to synchronous machines and the idea behind synchronous machines. Topics such as: main elements of synchronous machines, distribution of windings, eddy currents, mmf definition, effect of round or salient poles, saturation, losses and synchronous operation will be covered in this training.
The fundamentals of synchronous machines training course also will discuss the detailed mathematical representation of stator windings, rotor windings, stator and rotor fluxes/voltages, transformation from abc to dqo reference frame, effect of damping windings in modeling, and phasor representation of synchronous machine equations. By taking this course you will also learn the basics of synchronous generators as the main part of power generation units in traditional power systems. Detailed lessons will help you to understand the equivalent circuit for synchronous machines, concept of leading/lagging power factors in synchronous generator, armature reaction, calculation of powers, and operation of single generator connected to an infinite bus (SMIB).
Finally, the fundamentals of synchronous machines training course will introduce the synchronous motors, equivalent circuits, torque and power for synchronous motors, efficiency, power factor, V-curves and applications of synchronous motors to complete the topic.
Who Should Attend?
The fundamentals of synchronous machines training is a 2-day course designed for:
- All individuals who need to understand the concept of AC machines.
- Power utility engineers working with different machines
- Test engineers working in power industry
- Engineers seeking Ph.D. and graduate studies focused on electrical machinery
- Power traders to understand the power generation and load systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the electrical machinery course.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in power system industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on power system related projects or power plants
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in power system related projects or proposals.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the fundamentals of synchronous machines training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Introduction To Magnetic Circuits
- Introduction To AC Machines
- Modeling And Operation Of Synchronous Machines
- Synchronous Generators
- Synchronous Motors
- Hands On, Workshops, and Group Activities
- Sample Workshops and Labs for Fundamentals of Synchronous Machines Training
Fundamentals Of Synchronous Machines Training