Introduction to Smart Grid Training By TONEX
The introduction to smart grid training course will help you to understand the fundamentals of smart grids, main components, operation, management, security, planning and different hierarchical control levels provided in smart grids. Furthermore, this training will teach you the basics of smart grid management and smart grid security to improve the reliability of smart grids.
Smart grid is an emerging technology not only in Electrical Engineering field, but also recently in computer science as Cyber Security issues, mechanical engineering for design and development of the components. In addition to engineering fields, non-engineers also need to understand the concept of smart grids, where massive mathematical calculations, management techniques, business point of view and economical point of view will be high priority. In this case, a general training can introduce the concept of smart grids, teach the audience in a simple manner, and prepare them for their careers in smart grid technologies in a short time. TONEX as a leader in teaching industry for more than 15 years and with a lot of clients from advanced technologies is proud to offer such unique training on smart grid technology.
Our instructors at TONEX will teach you the traditional power systems, concepts such as: power plants, high voltage switchgears, transformers, transmission lines and detailed operation principles of each component in a very simple and easy to follow manner. To prepare you for the smart grid training, our instructors will teach you the trends toward the smart grids and why the smart grid technology is improving these days. Moreover, the introduction to smart grid training course simply teaches you the trends to make the power grids smart with innovation of power electronic devices.
Learn about different control approaches provided in smart grids, main components of control, different layers of control, energy management systems (EMS) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
This course will give you a sufficient knowledge to understand the concepts of operation planning, smart grid security, economic operation of smart grids and operators in smart grids including independent system operator, transmission and distribution operators.
Finally, the introduction to smart grid training course will introduce the smart grid control, grid connected and islanded mode controls, frequency and voltage support in smart grids and upper level control architecture in smart grids.
Who Should Attend?
The introduction to smart grid training is a 2-day course designed for:
- Non-engineers, executives, and scientists who want to study smart grids or having projects in smart grid technology
- All individuals who need to understand the smart grids from generation to consumption.
- Power utility engineers
- Test engineers
- Power traders to understand the smart grid systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in smart grids and renewable energy industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working on smart grid related projects
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in introduction to smart grid training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Introduction to Power Systems
- Introduction to Smart Grid System
- Operators in Smart Grids
- Main Components of a Smart Grid
- Smart Grid Control
- Operation of Smart Grids
- Introduction to Energy Management Systems in Smart Grids
- Introduction to Smart Grid Security
Introduction to Smart Grid training