Leadership Skills for Non-Supervisors
The leadership skills for non-supervisors training course is designed to teach you how to lead from your role in the organization. This course helps you improve the key skills you would need to gain the respect and support of others.
According to Forbes, the top qualities to become a successful leader are as the following:
- Honesty; once you own and start up a business, you always have to rise above and raise your standard ethical bar. If you want to become a successful leader, you need to first be honest and ethical against both your employees and your clients and customers.
- Delegation; as a leader, one of the most important skills you need to develop is to know the strengths of each member of your team. Once you know their capabilities, you know who is the right person to do each task. The ability to delegate tasks to appropriate people is one of the key skills of successful leaders.
- Communication; as a leader, you need to be able to transfer the ideas and expectations in your head to your team members. Your team members need to know exactly what you expect them to accomplish. Training new employees and productive work environment won’t be accomplished unless you develop communication skills.
- Confidence; similar to how kids look at their parents during the though time of life, your team members take hints from your actions. The only way to keep them calm and going through the hard time is by you staying calm and confident. You need to assure them that everything will be fine and they only need to focus on their work and not worry about the future.
- Commitment; if you want your team to work hard, you first need to be a hard-worker. You are the one they look at when it comes to commitment to the work. Also, if you want to gain their respect, be committed to the promises you make. If you promise them holiday party or holiday raise, deliver your promises. This not only motives them to work hard but also gains you respect and the reputation of being a fair leader.
- Positive attitude; keep the work environment a happy place. If your team is happy, they most likely don’t mind to stay some extra hours to finish their work. A successful leader has the ability to keep the mood of the office upbeat and playful so that his/her team enjoys working and thus put all their energy and thoughts in what they do.
- Creativity; as a leader, you should be able to think out of the box. Sometimes all you are bad options, but you need to identify which bad choice is better under the given circumstances and would require you to develop creativity.
- Intuition; if you want your team to trust you, first you should trust yourself. When you are thrown into an uncertain condition, at which the risk is high, that’s where you need to develop your natural intuition and guild your team through it.
- Inspiration; your team needs some type of inspiration. Either if it is bounces or equity share, they need to feel invested in future accomplishments. Inspiration not only influences the future goals but also it affects your team members’ performance on the current tasks. Inspiration starts with appreciation for hard work. As a leader, show your team you appreciate their hard work and mean it.
While analytical and technical skills are necessary for successful leadership, emotional intelligence appears to be the key characteristic that distinguishes outstanding leaders from others. Our instructors at TONEX will discuss both hard and soft skills that make you a successful leader.
It is often thought that leadership belongs only to supervisors, managers, CEOs, and other top executives of an organization, while leadership is an essential skill which every individual at any level should learn and develop in order for the organization to grow and reaches its goals and objectives. The leadership skills for non-supervisors course helps you develop such skills. This training helps you step by step to become a leader. The leadership skills for non-supervisors training course teaches you how to communicate effectively, manage your time, prioritize your tasks, solve problems, make decisions, build strong relationships, and align your goals with your organization’s goals and mission.
Through the leadership skills for non-supervisors training course, you learn how to become an essential element of your organization. This course introduces you to the strategies via which you can even manage your supervisor to accomplish higher team results. The leadership skills for non-supervisors training course also improves your confidence as you promote to a leadership role.
Who Should Attend?
The leadership skills for non-supervisors training is a 2-day course which is designed for the individuals who are not in the managerial positions but are working with others in an organization. The course is ideal for those employees who have the potential of becoming managers or supervisors.
- Individuals who are not currently formal supervisors or managers but fulfill a variety of leadership roles in their organizations at all levels.
- Individuals who aspire to serve in these formal leadership roles will also benefit from this course
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics we will cover in the leadership skills for non-supervisors training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Overview Of Leadership
- Introduction To Leadership
- Time Management
- Setting And Accomplishing Goals And Objectives
- Decision Making And Problem Solving
- Creativity And Innovation
- How To Manage Change
- Analytical Problem Solving for Effective Leadership
Leadership Skills for Non-Supervisors