MIL-704 Training, MIL-STD-704 Training
MIL-STD-704 Training covers all aspects of MIL-STD-704 testing and measurement procedures in order to pass comprehensive testing to demonstrate compliance.
Learn how Electronic systems designed for operation in a U.S. DoD aircraft must comply with MIL-STD-704, which defines requirements and certain parameters and characteristics the electric power in an aircraft must meet: pass comprehensive acceptance testing, measuring responses to a large set of events and conditions, including voltage transients, over- and under-frequency, over- and under-voltage and power transfer operations.
This 2-day MIL-STD-704 training covers the requirements and characteristics of aircraft electric power provided at the input terminals of electric and electronic equipment: specific type of electrical power to be used and the detailed performance required during normal, abnormal, emergency, starting, transfer and power failure operation of the electric system in question.
A cross reference to RTCA-DO-160 test methods is provided compared to MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-704.
- MIL STD 704 requirements and characteristics of aircraft electric power
- Guidance: MIL-HDBK-704-1 through-8
- Test methods and procedures for determining airborne utilization equipment compliance with the electric power characteristics requirements
- Aircraft Electrical Power Characteristics with respect to standardized power interface between a military aircraft and connected or contained equipment and carriage stores, covering areas
- Testing of voltage, frequency, phase, power factor, ripple, maximum current, electrical noise and abnormal conditions such as overvoltage and under voltage, for both AC and DC systems
- Aircraft 28 V dc power interface
- Aircraft 115/200 V 400 Hz ac power interface
- Aircraft 270 V dc power interface
Learn how to perform the following MIL-STD-704 tests:
- MIL-HDBK-704-1 – Demonstration of Utilization Equipment Compliance to Aircraft Electrical Power Characteristics
- MIL-HDBK-704-2 – 115 Volt Single Phase, 400 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-3 – 115 Volt Three Phase, 400 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-4 – 115 Volt Single Phase, Variable Frequency
- MIL-HDBK-704-5 – 115 Volt Three Phase, Variable Frequency
- MIL-HDBK-704-6 – 115 Volt Single Phase, 60 Hz
- MIL-HDBK-704-7 – 270 Volt DC
- MIL-HDBK-704-8 – 28 Volt DC