Power System Certificate
The Power System Certificate training is designed to provide a specialized training in power system area. The certificate consists of four technical power system areas:
- Power system modeling and analysis
- Power quality and design
- Advanced power systems (Micro and Smart grids)
- Power system control (linear and advanced)
Our instructors at TONEX will help you to improve your power system knowledge and position yourself for job responsibilities and promotions. Our industry and faculty experts at TONEX will help you to understand the fundamental concepts of power system in order to tackle the real-world challenges.
The first part of this certificate will introduce the main elements of power systems, the operation principles related to each component, load flow in power systems and brief mathematical representation of each component. You will learn the operation and modeling of generators, transformers, transmission lines and different types of loads in power systems.
The second part of the certificate focuses on: power quality, power system design and grounding, relaying, protection and energy management systems (EMS). Topics such as: grounding system design, grounding standards, power quality and effect of harmonics, voltage sags, voltage stability, reactive power compensation methods, distribution system design, and fault detection are covered in this part. The audience will also learn the modern energy management systems, state estimation review, economic operation of power systems, network security, modern SCADA systems, and the concept of smart grid.
Third part of power system certificate will help you to update your knowledge about the recent improvements and advancements in power grids in order to increase the efficiency and reliability. The information from the first two parts of the certificate will be combined with power electronic concepts to shape the general power system including the traditional components as well as advanced renewable energy integration technologies. Topics such as: smart grid concept in distribution networks , efficiency and reliability of smart grids, communication technology, components of micro and smart grids, energy storage solutions, standards in micro grid and smart grid design, demand response, and wide area measurement systems (WAMS) will be included in this part.
Finally, the Power system certificate will review the general and advanced control in power systems. You will be able to understand the history of control in power systems, feedback control in power systems, stability of linear feedback power systems, and frequency response in modern power systems. To add more in depth knowledge and to update the control theory for modern power systems including the smart and micro grids, advanced control approaches are introduced too. Topics such as: frequency domain analysis in micro grids and smart grids, impedance analysis in renewable energy sources, and state estimation are included in the advanced control section of part four.
Who Should Attend?
The Power system certificate training is a 5-day course designed for:
- All engineers who wants to learn, design, or operate the power systems
- Power traders to understand the power systems.
- Independent system operator personnel.
- Faculty members from academic institutes who want to teach the power system courses.
- Investors and contractors who plan to make investments in power industry.
- Professionals in other energy industries.
- Marketing people who need to know the background of the products they sell.
- Electric utility personnel who recently started career in power systems or having new job responsibilities.
- Technicians, operators, and maintenance personnel who are or will be working at power plants or power system generation companies.
- Managers, accountants, and executives of power system industry.
- Scientist or non-electrical engineers involved in power system related projects or proposals.
- Graduate students seeking a professional career in power systems
What Will You Learn?
Below are the major topics will be covered in the Power system certificate training course (detailed outline can be found under the full course description):
- Introduction to power systems
- Power system modeling and dynamics
- Power system protection and relaying
- Smart and micro grids technology
- Linear and advanced control in modern power systems